Childhood Bestfriends with Hollwood's Golden Boypart5

Chapter 5

Recap:

Ari's face was priceless.

His eyes widened in shock and he tried to move his head backwards but it was too late and I had my fingers caught in his smooth sandy blond hair, tangling in the popcorn.

"So maybe you just can't read me as well as you think you can huh ?" I said between my uncontrollable laughter, my hands still caught in his now popcorn filled hair.

Ari broke into a mischievous dimpled smile, an irresistibly playful glint forming in his aqua blue eyes;

" Oh Ella Bear, Game On"

And he reached behind me and tipped the whole contents of the sticky toffee popcorn on top of my head.

.............................................

I closed my eyes and gasped as I felt the sticky contents roll over me in little clumps and stick to my clothing and hair.

I re- opened my eyes, running my hands slowly through my hair, catching my fingers on popcorn. Ari was standing in front of me practically doubled over with laughter, his laugh was infectious and I felt myself start to join in with him.

He didn't know what was going to hit him...

Oh the Game was so on.

He's going down.

"Ari you just declared war" I said slowly.

Urghhhhhh! He was still laughing uncontrollably and his bright blue eyes crinkled in the corner when he smiled.

" Bring it Ella Bear" Ari said as his laughter subsided, his face switching to its trademark smile that I'd seen on all those posters the girls lined up for.

The one they all went wobbly kneed and gooey eyed over.  

Only now he had a familiar mischievous glint in his eye, just begging me to challenge him.

Ok, so maybe I could kind of see what the fuss was about

Ari's always had a great smile, I have a life time of childhood pictures to prove how it's evolved - but right now was War - and even his perfect Hollywood smile couldn't distract me from my plans.....

I scanned the kitchen for my next plan of attack and then I saw its gleaming metal door - The fridge!

"Don't I always?" I replied as I jumped off the island and skidded to the fridge, pulling open the door and found the left over spaghetti Bolognese from last night's meal.

Cold Spaghetti - yum - wait!

God Isabel dont even think about eating the spaghetti!

I ripped open the clear plastic tuber ware lid and spun back to facing Ari who had moved to the other side of the kitchen island.

On instinct, I immediately threw a handful of spaghetti at him, hitting his t-shirt right splat in the middle of the chest. Ari stood looking down at his top in mock horror before his bright blue eyes returned to mine.

I felt myself smile triumphantly as I watched the wet spaghetti slide down Ari's white t-shirt, leaving a red greasy Bolognese trail.

Then, just as I was about to shout, "score!" I felt a heavy substance splat on my stomach.