CHBFWHGB Chapter 36 (Part 1)

© Copyright – All Rights Reserved to Smile024 – L Smith

Chapter 36  (PART 1)

The Seashell House was just as lovely inside as I had imagined it would be, all those years ago. Or should I say, Ari’s Sea Shell House.

 It was compact, but all the while managed to seem perfect.

I quickly discovered that the front door lead open onto a small hallway that only allowed a coat rack and shoe rack, then Ari carried me two steps forward and the house seemed to unfurl , spreading it's wings to it's true potential. It was all white washed walls and warm honey wood varnished floors ,  flooded with evening light from the big bay window in the living room. The whole bottom floor was open plan, with a moderately large living room space on our left, mapped with a large dark grey L shape sofa that was held brightly coloured cushions that seemed to invite you to relax into them, with a small light wood coffee table in front. I grinned knowingly at the large flat screen Tv that the sofa faced. Trust Ari to want the latest big TV to fuel his film watching addiction.

 This led onto the kitchen and dining room area, taking my breath away. I hugged Ari closer as he walked across the house towards the back, “ Is this serious?” I asked in awe.

I felt Ari smile, “ I thought you might like it.”

“ Like it? I love it!” I squealed.

The Kitchen and dining room were separated from the living room by a few steps that lead onto a lower floor, made of the same smooth honey wood. The kitchen was directly behind the raised living room area, only separated by a small white washed banister you could see through. I could see from the top of the stairs that the kitchen units was made of some sort of really cool wood, that seemed to have a criss crossed pattern on the light brown polished wood, the surface tops were made of some sort of pale milky glass and the sink was the deep white porcelain, farmers type that I have always wished my mom brought when she re-did her fancy ass kitchen.

Across the back of the kitchen, along the back wall was one long window so you could see into the back garden. But the real jaw dropper was the dining room area, which led smoothly from the open end of the kitchen. On the side facing the back garden there was a built in conservatory area with floor to wall glass windows that extended to half of the dining areas ceiling. Though the truly beautiful part what was the fact that it had stain glass all over the ceiling and across the top half of the glass panels overlooking the garden, with intricate art deco designs in the metal work, curling round the top of the ceiling and at the hinges of the panels.

It was stunning. “ It’s … it’s beautiful. Was it like this when you brought it? ” I asked him, watching the blue, red, purple and orange light reflect faintly across the large widening table and the wooden stool seats that sat on either side of the table, the colours only faint in the late afternoon light. I could see across the garden, to the manicured lawn, with sweet flowers bordering the high fence and granite tepping stones that lead to what looked like an medium sized pool illuminated at the back of the garden, glowing aqua blue as the early evening light dwindled.

“ Yeah, the glass was and the kitchen. The last woman who owned it was an artist. She used this room to paint.”

“ Wow.”

“I know, right?” Ari agreed and I could hear the smile in his voice.

“ I could live in this room, just this room. What’s it like in the day time?”