Chapter 2 (Broken Heart and Mended Spirit)

No ones POV:-

(Still Flashback)

As Ash boards his plane bound for Kanto, he cannot help but reminisce about his exciting adventures in Kalos. He remembered his first time in the Lumious City Airport.

"Man that was embarrassing".

He chuckled at his own behaviour. Then he remembered about saving Professor Sycamore's Garchomp when it was rampaging, meeting Clemont and Bonnie, catching Froakie and Fletchling, helping Goomy, taming his newly hatched Pokemon Noibat but most importantly Serena. He felt himself being empty when she was not around him. The support and encouragement she gave him, especially after Snowbell City Gym incident made him what was now. He was sure that he couldn't master his Greninjas synchronisation without her help. He thanked her in his mind and thought
"I will never disappoint you Serena."

His train of thoughts got interrupted by a voice in the speakers.

"Attention to all the Passengers, Dragonite Airlines flying from Kalos to Kanto Region is now about to land in Veridian City. Please fasten your seatbelts. Thank you for choosing to fly with us".

After 30 minutes, he was walking along the streets of the vast city of Veridian and entered the Viridain Forest. The sight of his first journey stirred up the nostalgia in him and had brought tears of joy to the young trainer.

" Those times were awesome, isn't it buddy?", asked Ash turning his head towards the electric rodent.

"Pika", replied Pikachu while nodding his head.

" I hope that Butterfree still remembers me buddy".

His mind quickly raced back to the past where he had caught his first pokemon. The joy of having caught his first pokemon, the joy of seeing it evolve into Metapod and then into Butterfree was all he could remember as he continued to walk in the Viridian Forest. After a few minutes, he could clearly see the light bright signalling the end of the forest.

As he and his buddy Pikachu were just exiting the forest, then suddenly a mysterious white pokemon with a horn on its head jumped right in front of them. The pokemon then gave them an intimidating glance towards him and quickly jumped away and disappeared. Ash remembered the  Pokemon's name. It was an Absol.

"Whats an Absol doing here? We don't usually encounter an Absol unless ......."

Ash panicked and quickly signalled Pikachu to sit on his shoulder. He started to run frantically towards his house in Pallet Town. As he ran, a thought came across in his mind,

"Please be safe mom. I am coming for you".

He could see lush green meadows, pleasant atmosphere indicating that he was indeed in Pallet Town. He just stopped to take a quick breath and again started running towards his house. As he reached the entrance of his house, he started to pound the door hardly with his wrists. After a minute, a guy opened the door and looked at Ash. He had spiky brown hair, closed eyelids and a dark skin tone. He was older and a bit taller than Ash. His eyelids narrowed when he saw Ash at the door. He quickly stepped aside and signalled Ash to follow him.

" Hey Brock, how is it going?", asked Ash.

The guy with the spiky hair didn't respond to his question. Instead he replied ,

"Let's go to the Backyard Ash and then we can talk."

The scene that Ash saw made him very happy as he was very pleased to see all of his travelling companions at a single place and that too his home. These were the travel companions who helped Ash at various times as they travelled through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova regions along with them. There were Misty and Brock from Kanto Region, Max Maple and May Maple from Hoenn region, Dawn Berlitz from Sinnoh region, Iris and Cilan from Unova Region. All of them looked at him at once. They had disgusting looks on their faces and their expressions revealed that they were pissed off.