Chapter 23 :- (A New Ally)

"Who is this person, Professor Oak?"

"Well you might know his father Dr. Stone as the head of Devon Corporation and his son is Steven Stone, " said Professor Oak rather normally.

"Ok, alright the-"

"You mean The Steven Stone? The one who saved the world along with Ash and others during the Kalos Crisis? The one who's the unrivaled trainer in the entire Hoenn Region?"

Serena was clearly on cloud 9 hearing the name of Steven Stone. She always admired him as a role model who's strong and beautiful at the same time.

"If you put it that way, yes he's the one I'm talking about. Do you know him personally or anything?" asked Professor Oak with a certain interest that was previously missing.

Serena was taken back by the question and her mind subconsciously drifted to the dreadful memories of the past.

"Not personally, but I kinda ran into him a couple of times till now in Hoenn and during the Kalos Crisis, "

"Is it ok with you then Serena? Steven is a real gentleman and more than a capable trainer to protect you so I don't see any problem at all. What's your call about it? If you say yes, you will be protected until things calm down a bit, " asked Professor Oak hoping slightly that she would incline with an agreement.

"Thanks for the offer, Professor Oak. I accept it. But if you think that I'll sit around and pass time, then you're wrong. I'll ask Steven to train me and when Ash finally comes back, I can go along with him without holding him down, "

Her reply was so full of confidence and determination that Professor Oak couldn't help but smile even in those harsh circumstances.

I'm blessed to be acquainted with these kids.

"Ok then, we will start today night and can reach there the first thing in the morning. You can stay here till then and help around a little bit if that's ok?"

"Why yes Professor. I'd love to help out, " said Serena with her usual cheerful smile.

"You know Serena, you're just like Ash. Caring, sweet and gentle towards Pokemon but most importantly putting yourself to save others during dangers that too with a smile that gives strength. You'll make a great couple when that happens, "

.......

What followed next was the bright red blush visible across the face of Serena with Oak laughing uncontrollably by seeing it.

The Following Morning:-

Huge crowd seems to be gathered near the entrance of the airport where a Porshe was supposedly spotted early in the morning.

A hand sign containing the name of Professor Oak was seen lying on the ground but its owner seeming nowhere in the sight.

As Serena and Professor Oak were coming out of the airport, the screams brought their attention to that spot.

Unaware of what's happening, Serena looked worried but Professor Oak being calm about the situation called her too.

"What's with that crowd Professor?", asked a curious Serena.

" Let me show you. Now, just wait and watch, " said Professor Oak with a smug grin on his face.

What followed next completely shocked her.

"Hey Steven, is this your way of greeting your dad's best friend? Making him wait for you while you're being pampered by your admirers?"

Serena couldn't believe the words she was hearing from the Professor but was even shocked to see the crowd slowly being pushed away by a person not clearly visible to her.