The Shenanigans

"'All of my cows are dead!' she said. 'My son almost got attacked too!' she said." Bess mimicked with pouty lips while she walks across the wild plants in the forest near her 'clients' house. Bess rolled her eyes.

"What is exactly their problem? They acted as they've never seen a bloodsucker before." Bess scanned her surroundings.

"And if this is actually the purebloods' doing--" She huffs. "I'm out of here."

"Why only purebloods?"

Bess gasped and she quickly turns around towards where the voice came from, and lift her crossbow. Nothing was there.

What comes next sounds like thousands of ghostly whispering everywhere, echoing.

"Looking down on us?"

Bess turned around to the other side, still aiming, but once again, nothing was there.

"Red....Hound..." The whispering continues. Bess sighs, calming herself and sticks her back to the nearest tree, and closes her eyes. Her hand slowly made their way to her back pocket, and out with a UV knife. She heard a sharp wind from her left, moving to her right, and then towards her front. Without hesitation, she thrust the knife forward, earning a grunt from whatever it is.

Bess opened her eyes, greeted with a view of one level two, with a bloody stomach, her knife right in the middle of the mess. Bess smirks and tilts her head.

"Not so cocky anymore, huh? Level two?" Bess lifts her other arm, aiming her arrow gun and shoot it right through the nightwalker's head.

"Watch... Redhound...soon you will be no more." He whispered just right before turning to ashes and blown by the wind.

"Whatevs," Bess whispers back, and then crouches down, leaning to the tree. Her head started to think, that wasn't the first time she heard this thing about nightwalkers planning to kill the Redhounds and stuff. She realized it was all coming from nightwalkers, mostly level two. What does it mean? Redhound isn't a stay at home family, each one of them is moving place to place, no one lives in the crowd, except they decided to start a family--which will demand them to stop hunting and stop receiving hunting requests, just taking students, paid or not. They shouldn't be a problem. Was the threat something she should be taking seriously?

Bess reaches out to her fanny pack and pulls out a small piece of paper and a pen. She started to write on the paper:

Heya, have you been receiving weird warnings about a mass killing of our clan? If yes, meet me near the way to Savarah mt, Tura village. I'll be there for the night, will be waiting for you 'till sunrise then I'll make my way to another town. If you can't come or haven't heard any of these, send me something. I'll stay in the East.

She rolled the paper, and then look for the red pen she always has and colors the tip of the rolled paper red. She looks up to the sky and whistles. She always uses a dove to communicate with the Redhounds but it looks like the doves are not in the East. She whistles another tone, and not long after that, a similar sound replied hers and she watched a golden plover bird on the lowest three branches near her. She smiled and carefully tied her message to the bird's leg. It's starting to get hot here, the bird will winters to the other side of the area and hopefully crosses Brook's path. Hopefully.

Bess gave another glance to the ashes of the nightwalker and rolled her eyes. It's lucky the forest is tight enough to block the sunshine. Bess Redhound wouldn't be defeated by such weaklings, she thought. Carefully, she walked towards the white house just beside the forest that seems small from the distance. She walked closer, taking her time, enjoying the smell of the forest, turning the insides of her nose cold.