We've decided on forever

We kept the secret of our engagement during Sydney and Mike's wedding weekend. Mainly because that weekend wasn't about us and I also wanted to wait till I actually had a ring on my finger. From the moment he proposed, the weekend became more magical. Having this amazing secret between the 2 of us, I didn't mind that we weren't telling anyone. I liked keeping it to ourselves for a little while.

We got back home late Sunday night and I was dying to see my ring but I didn't want to ruin it for him, or myself.

"I'm gonna unpack some of this stuff." Chris said as we walked into the house.

"Ok, I'll make some sandwiches, I'm starving." I adjusted the strap of my overnight bag on my shoulder.

"Sounds perfect." He took the bag from me with a smile.

Slipping my shoes off and the oversized sweatshirt I had thrown on in the car I yawned as I made my way into the kitchen. I started pulling everything out for our late-night dinner sandwich dinner and told Alexa to play some music while I pulled my hair up into a messy bun on top of my head. I started to dance around the kitchen to the music, zoning out I didn't even notice Chris come into the kitchen.

"One sandwich for the hottie with the blue eyes." I grinned once I saw him. I handed him his plate, but he just set it down on the counter.

"What's wrong with it?" I frowned.

"Nothing." He shook his head. With a deep breath he lowered down to one knee.

I tilted my head to the side and smiled.

"Breelan Lockwood, will you marry me?" He formally asked me with a charming grin.

"Christopher Evans I will marry you." I let him slide the sparkling princess cut diamond ring onto my finger. "Chris, this ring is beautiful."

"You like it?" He looked at me.

"I do, I love it. You did good." I patted his chest.

"I'm glad you like it." He chuckled. "So who do you want to tell first?"

"I don't know." I sat down on the bar stool behind me. "Kirsten." I laughed.

"I did ask your parents for permission, so they might have an idea."

"You did?!" My eyes grew wide, "That's really cool babe." I reached my hand up to pull him towards me for a kiss. "Let's call Kirsten first."

I grabbed my phone from the counter and pulled her number up hitting speaker phone.

"Dang Bree, it's 11:30 at night. And while it's summer I still am in bed already. You better be dying."

"Nope, better! I'm ENGAGED!" I screeched.

"Shut up!" She yelped. "He proposed? When? I want every single detail."

"Hey Kirsten." Chris grinned.

"You got me on speaker?!" She calmed herself, "Hi Chris."

"You're the first person we called." I explained.

"Am I? Before mom and dad?"

"He asked their permission so they had an idea it was going to happen."

"Oh ok ok Evans, stepping it up asking mom and pops for permission. I like it."

Chris laughed, "I'm going to eat the sandwich my beautiful fiancé just made me so you can get every detail." He grabbed his plate and kissed my cheek.

__________________________________________

"An October wedding is going to be gorgeous." Kirsten slid the bridal magazine across my kitchen table for me to look at the photo of autumn colored bridesmaid dresses.

"I think so too." I agreed. "I think I want you to have a different colored dress then the other bridesmaids." I tapped my pen to my pursed lips. "I mean you're my maid of honor. I'd like you to have something special."

"Thank you." She batted her eyelashes at me. "I can't believe we're planning your wedding to Captain America."

I laughed, "Please don't call him that during your toast."

Kirsten laughed, "I will try not to."

"What's so funny?" Chris, Scott and Nate walked into the kitchen from outback where they were playing basketball.

"Kirsten calling you Captain America." I said as he kissed the top of my head on the way to the fridge.

Chris rolled his eyes. "I'll forever be known as Cap to you, won't I?"

Kirsten nodded, "Forever my captain."

"How's wedding planning going?" Scott asked.

"It's going." I pushed the open book under the binder Kirsten and I had made full of ideas for dresses, centerpieces, flower arrangements and pretty much every other wedding detail you could think of.

"When's dress shopping?" Scott opened a bottle of Gatorade taking a long sip.

"Actually." I smiled, "I've already got it."

"Here?" Scott exclaimed.

"No, it's not in yet. I had to get alterations. And when it does arrive it will be safe and sound at Kirsten's."

"So Chris, what are the odds that RDJ will be invited to the wedding?" Kirsten asked seriously.

I laughed along with everyone else, leaning back in my chair I shook my head. When did this become my life? Chris had a movie premiere next month and I was attending! ME! I still pinched myself because I was sure this must be a dream. Chris caught my eye across the room and winked at me. Nope it was real life. My real life. I don't know what I did to become so lucky.