Physically you're here. Mentally you're far far away.

I woke up the next morning and reached over to feel Chris's side of the bed.  I sighed pushing the covers back. I knew he wasn't there but I had hoped. I hate when we fight. But we had never gone to bed like this, not speaking. He had been so mean to me the night before. And even though I knew I deserved it, it didn't make it sting any less.

I climbed out of bed and got ready for work. The house was quiet and while I was used to Chris being gone for work, Dodger was usually here. Dodger was still at Shanna's I assumed as I hadn't brought him home and obviously Chris hadn't either. Work was busy and I didn't hear from Chris all day. I didn't try to call him either.

When I got home that night the mustang was parked in its usual spot in the garage. I let myself into the house to find the living room and kitchen empty, as well as Chris's study. I finally found him getting out of the shower.

"Hey." He said softly as I pulled out a pair of sweats and a t-shirt to change into.

"Hey." I echoed back not turning to look at him.

He walked out of the bathroom with just a towel hanging low on his hips.

"How was work?" He asked treading lightly.

"It was ok. Did you just get home?" I unzipped my skirt and let it fall to the floor so I could step out of it.

"Little bit ago." He took a step towards me. I felt his hand on my hip and his fingers slip under the elastic of my underwear.

"Are you serious?" I spun around to face him. He was still wet from his shower, water dripping from his hair and eyelashes. He leaned into me and I could feel him through the towel.

I shook my head and pushed him back. "You were an ass to me last night. And I haven't heard from you all day."

"I know. I'm sorry. I was drinking. Not an excuse for me to ever talk to you like that or treat you like that."

"You told me to take an uber home. You made fun of me, you called me princess." I scowled at him. He looked down shamefully.

"I know. Scott told me. I really don't remember much of it. Baby I'm sorry." He stepped forward and pushed me back onto the bed falling on top of me.

"Get up Chris." I nudged him.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes. He stood up and dropped the towel from around his waist. He grabbed clean boxers and shorts. "I'm going to make a sandwich and go to bed. I have to work in the morning."

I pressed my lips together tightly, annoyed at his immature reaction.

15 minutes later Chris had finished his sandwich and was back in the bedroom watching tv. I made my own sandwich, turned all the house lights off and joined Chris in the bedroom. It was only 6:00 and it was a little odd that we were in bed already.

"Hey princess." Chris smirked as I sat down on  the edge of the end of the bed.

My eyes narrowed and I turned my head. "That's not funny."

"It's a little funny." He nudged my elbow with his foot. Then took his foot and gently pushed my back.

I stood up with a huff.

"Where you going?" He asked with a laugh.

"I don't think you're being funny right now."  I pushed the bedroom door open.

"Oh c'mon princess! I mean babe! I mean Bree!" He called. I could hear him laughing all the way down the hall.

I sat at the kitchen island finishing my sandwich.

As I was cleaning up my plate and mess Chris walked into the kitchen. He flipped the back patio light on and unlocked the door.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Smoking a cigarette." He flashed me a smile.

"Why?" I asked haughtily.

"Because I want one." He replied like it should be so obvious. He pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his jeans pocket and stuck one in his mouth.

"Are you leaving?" I nodded towards his jeans.

"Not sure." He pulled the patio door open.

"Chris what the hell?" I asked angrily.

"Relax. I just have to run and pick Dodger up from Shanna's."

I looked around and realized Dodger was in fact not home. I watched Chris walk out back and light up the cigarette. He pulled his phone out and looked at it before shoving it back in his pocket.

"Be back." He called before walking through the backyard to the garage.

I went and laid back in bed and waited for him to get home. It was 9:30 when he finally returned. Dodger ran and jumped on the bed followed by Chris. He came in stripped down to his boxers and fell into bed without a word. I could hear his breathing steady moments later and then he was sound asleep.

I woke up before my alarm due to Chris's arms pulling me against him and then turning me on my back. His face was scruffy against my neck and chin but when he started to trail kisses along my collar bone I didn't stop him. Roughly pushing my underwear down he leaned over me and without saying a word slid into me. Again I didn't stop him, even though I was mad at how he was behaving the past few days, I did miss him. He was silent as he pounded into me and I suddenly became uncomfortable.

"Stop." I breathed against him.

"What?" He didn't pause.

"I don't like this." I swallowed.

"You don't like this?" He pulled back shocked.

"You're being a little too rough." I said quietly.

Chris pulled out and climbed out of bed. He didn't say anything as he walked to the bathroom and slammed his fist into the wall.

I jumped. "Chris." I said my voice shaky.

"Let me be. Please." He walked into the bathroom.

I turned over in bed knowing I wouldn't fall back to sleep but also knew that Chris meant it when he said to let him be.

I heard the shower turn on and I laid there waiting for my alarm to go off. When it finally did Chris was still in the shower. I quietly turned the knob to the bathroom door and walked in. I saw him standing in the shower just letting the water run over him. There was so much steam in the bathroom it was suffocating.

I was about to open my mouth to say his name when he turned and cut the shower off. He pushed the shower door open and my heart contracted. The broken look on his face pained me to the core.

"Chris."

"Sorry I used all the hot water." Was all he said as he grabbed a towel and slid past me.