THE MATCH

NEW THITIPOOM:

Three days had gone since that night at P'Tays dorm. I hadn't seen him since. He had come to drop me off at my dorm and I had tried conversing, but his answers had been mostly in monosyllables. He had been quiet, slightly withdrawn and I have been feeling guilty ever since.

Maybe, I should call him, but me being me....the idiot....I had forgotten to ask for his number again!!!!🙄🙄🙄

I was just about to enter my class when I saw Gun getting off from P'Off 's car.

They always seemed to be stuck together like glue nowadays.

My eyes widened in surprise, as I saw P'Off giving Gun a peck on his forehead! They had courage. It was really normal seeing a guy giving another guy a peck in front of the university building.

If only I had someone like that in my life. Someone, with enough courage to stand next to me and deal with.........

No, I had promised myself that I wouldn't think of anything that could make me upset. I wasn't in Chiang Mai anymore.

I let out a sigh as I walked towards the gate.

I waited for Gun to join me, not because we were great friends or anything, just to extract some information about P'Tay.
He was smiling at no one in particular while walking towards the classroom. He looked happy.

"Hi Gun!"

"Oh! Hi! Were you waiting for me?" He asked mildly surprised.

"Yeah who else? I hardly know anyone here."

He was still smiling. So I asked, "You guys official now!"

I had heard bits and pieces of P'Tay's conversation with P'Off in the car, while on our way to my dorm. P'Tay seemed quite happy for his friend and kept saying, "All that matters Off is that you both like each other. Think about the acceptibilty part later. First enjoy these moments."

"No not yet, he is a bit stingy with emotions and affections but we are getting there. He confessed that he likes me but long way to go till we reach the 'L' word." Gun sat down next to me in the class.

"I always thought he was straight."

"Don't worry.....he still claims that he is straight🙄...but only gay for me." He said laughing

"Is that even possible?? A straight guy suddenly becoming gay?" I was really confused

"Maybe, I don't really know...and I have never heard of it.......I was always gay..." He chuckled.

"How is P'Tay ? I haven't seen him since Sunday."

"He is busy with the basketball inter department championship. Why don't you call him if you wanna talk to him?"

"Ummm....but I don't have his number."

"You still don't have his number? This is ridiculous! Give me your phone."

I handed my phone over to Gun. He quickly started typing into it.

"Look I have inserted P'tay's , P'Off's, P'Lee's and my numbers, anytime you need any help you can call anyone of us. It's not easy out here if you don't make friends.....you might just thank me for this later." He smiled and gave me back my phone.

While the classes went on, I couldn't wipe out my smile because I was happy to finally have his number. I thought of sending him a text wishing him luck for the matches, or just say thank you for all his help.....er... no... maybe will just say a good night later tonight, no better to just ask him how he was doing....... I just wanted to find out whether, he was angry with me.....