Chapter VI

"Where should we start from!? " Ali's electrified voice, early in the morning was like a needle pricking in the ears.

"Reduce your volume. " Anya ordered.

Ali started jogging in the same spot. "Come on Anya. It's early in the morning. Where is your energy? You should be energetic in the morning. "

"So you will run twenty one kilometres this Sunday? " Anya asked while crossing her arms.

Ali stopped jogging. "Hey! "

"Where does your energy go on Sundays? You are close to crying then." Kabir said. It was early in the morning and they were standing on a footpath far away from where they live. Ali was standing right in front of Kabir whose heart was beating fast. Anya was standing few steps away from them and had her phone on her left ear, but she wasn't talking to anyone.

"It's eight o'clock now! Marathons start at six or at times five thirty. Do you know how early I have to wake up for that!? And it's Thursday today.  Sunday is God's day. " Anya narrowed her eyes, wishing she could throw something at him. "Hello? Mom. " Anya frowned instantly. Ali looked at Kabir before asking,"What is happening? "

"She is talking to her mom to find out if they have any new news about Dia."

"Why is she frowning then? "

"Her mom is probably angry."

"Why? "

"Anya was rude to her uncle and Aunt yesterday. "

Ali shook his head. "That makes sense."

"Okay." Anya said before disconnecting the call.

Ali frowned. "She is done already? "

"She doesn't beat around the bush."
Kabir said as he started walking towards Anya. "What happened? " he asked.

"Nothing new about Dia. Few new taunts though. "

"You cannot blame your mom. " Ali said.

"When did I say I blame her? I know I am wrong. "

"That's like a good girl. " Kabir tried to motivate her, but instead that made her frowned at him.

"So where are we starting from? We should start looking from there! " he pointed towards his left.

"What is there? " Anya asked.

"Station." Kabir replied.

"You mean we should check stations and bus stops? " Anya asked Ali.

He shook his head."That sounds like a good idea to me. "

"Police would have already done that. " Kabir said. "We cannot think like the police or like normal people. We need to find her before her husband does. She will be forced to go with him if he finds her. We need a different way."

"He got a point. " Anya rubbed her hands together. "What is a different way? "

"The Jack reacher way. " Ali said. His eyes were shining and he smiled like he found the worlds biggest treasure. "Jack reacher! "

"Who is that? " Anya asked.

"Lee child's child. "

"huh? " Kabir raised his eyebrows.

"Author. Book. Character. Come on you guys. "

"Why did you ask him to come? " Kabir asked Anya.

"You did not invite him!? " Anya asked in disbelief.

"You did not invite him? "

"Who needs an invitation? " Ali said with a smirk.