Chapter XLII

There is a very beautiful waterfall just ten minutes away from my house. Beautiful but dangerous. Yesterday, four college girls, all under nineteen, drowned and lost their lives. Their college life just started a month ago and unfortunately, they were from my college. It is a known fact that it's a very risky place and yet teenagers are often seen there. I can say their age may be the reason for their ignorance but it is difficult to believe all of them are ignorant. To all the kids out there, go and enjoy with your friends, have fun and do all kinds of crazy stuff but please be careful. Find out about the place before visiting. Don't take your safety lightly. At that age and to be honest at any age our life is never just ours. Things may seem exciting but are excitement worth losing everything for? Please be careful. And to all the Mumbaikars, rains are already crazy this year, don't get competitive. Give your life some value.

Anya moved her head softly from left to right and then left again, then moved her shoulders the same way before clapping her hands.  "So no one told you life was gonna be this way. Your huh huh lala life that way. It's like you always stuck in the second gear. When it hasn't been your day, your week your month, or even a year." Dia smiled and joined in. "I'll be there for you when the rains start to pour. I'll be there for you like I have been there before. I'll be there for you because you are there for me tooooooooo uuuuuoooooooo."

They started laughing hysterically. In all the months that they had live together, this was the moment they felt the most alive. They laughed with all their hearts forgetting everything and everyone. "I didn't know you were a fan of friends!" Anya exclaimed when they were able to control their laughter.

"I was once. Never completed the series."

"I have seen it millions of times. What should I do now?"

"Slowly add some milk and stir it well. Then after two minutes add some more milk," Dia said before taking three eggs in her hands.

"OK. Who's your favourite character?"

"I like Joey."

"He is a great friend! But I love Chandler the most.  I like Pheobe, too."

"Chandler is funny."

"He is the best!"

"Your friend is not a vegetarian, right? I added eggs. How did I forget to ask you earlier?"

"She isn't but Shravan started. She won't eat eggs. I should have told you."

"It's OK. We can start again. I will make something for us from this."

"Use it for your brother's cake. Suddenly it's all birthdays. It is as if the universe was waiting for us to decide and then the birthdays started showering."

Dia smiled. "August is full of birthdays."

"Actually! I know six people who were born in August."

"Wow."

"I know right." She giggled. "I am enjoying this. We should cook together more often."

"I like that idea."

"I'll be there for you." Anya shook her head and was smiling widely.

Dia laughed, "you are happy."

"I am actually not. But I am in a good mood right now."

"I hope you stay like that forever."

"I highly doubt that but thank you."

"Do you want to eat cookies?"

"You are going to make?" Dia nodded her head. "Why?"

"I just want to."

"Then be my guest."