Chapter XXXVIII

"And you will get paid for it!" Anya completed the sentence with enthusiasm. Dia blinked her eyes a couple of times but had a steady gaze on her cousin. She didn't move neither did she say a word, also she had a long face. On the contrary, Anya who was standing had a broad smile on her face. Dia's reaction made her sit on the chair. "What happened? You didn't like the idea? Wait, you cannot bake cakes?"

"Of course I can," Dia's ego said.

"Then?"

"I will bake it for his mother and for your friends but I don't want to do business with it."

"You don't want to do it?" She shook her head. "Why not?"

"I don't want to."

"You don't like doing that?"

"No!"

Anya could say she was being rebellious. It was evident in her behaviour. Anya failed to understand why. She didn't even know why she gave up arguing. Unlike her nature, which was to argue at anything and everything possible. Like two kids fighting, with their long faces, they sat in two different rooms. They did not say a word to each other but both felt like they fought for an hour.

She was in her room while Dia was in the living room. Dia had TV to engage herself in and Anya had four walls. After idly sitting for some time Anya pulled out her phone to keep herself entertained.

You there?

She messaged Himani. Then while waiting for her reply she checked everyone statues. She rolled her eyes when her twelve-year-old cousin posted a quote about life. She could not help but think, let your life begin!

No

Himani replied. Anya folded her legs in Indian style before she started typing.

Dia did not react the way I assumed. In fact, she was rather angry!

Why is that so? Did something happen?

No!
She is just being stubborn for no reason.

What did she say?

She doesn't want to do that.

Why?

She did not say.

Ask her.

She is being stubborn.

Hmm.
Maybe ask her later.

Anya shook her head. Like Dia, she was being stubborn, too. She did not want a solution, she wanted to complain.

No offence but she is a big mood spoiler.
I was really excited.

Aw. Let it be.
I am sure she has reasons.

Even I have reasons, Anya told herself. She looked in the living room and found Dia engrossed in the TV. Anya crossed her arms and sat quietly. She did not want to use her phone. She was showing that she was angry. Unfortunately, no one was there to see it.

Her anger increased when she saw Kabir calling her. She did not wish to answer it but after a few rings as a reflex, she answered it.

"Yeah?"

"Can I borrow some money?"

Anya rolled her eyes. "Do you have to be that formal?"

"Yes or no?"

She clenched her teeth. She wanted to say no because she was angry not because she didn't want to help. But she knew he would not ask her again nor will take the money from her after a refusal. "Of course."