Chapter XIII

Feel free to point out mistakes.

Enjoy:)

"And we all burst out laughing," Anya said with a smile on her face. "Ali is the funniest one. Don't tell him I said that." Anya smiled again. "It was a fun day. I hate picnics, but last year's picnic comes in the 'top ten fun days of my life'. Funny thing that list only has four days. But I intend to make it ten one day."

Dia nodded her head. Anya always tried to talk to her, tell her funny stories and also told her how she had fun with her friends. But Dia never replied. She simply nodded or some times smiled, which seemed like she was in pain. Anya thought if she kept doing that one day Dia would reply the way she used to do. Anya was waiting for that day patiently.

"And I do not think I have seen any more places. Not that I complain. I do not like to travel or go for a picnic or leave the house. My ordinary life is what I want." Dia nodded her head. "You love travelling, don't you?" Dia nodded again. "You have gone to so many places. Why don't you share something? Some stories." She shook her head this time. "OK. That's fine. Let's watch a movie. Which movie would you like to see?"

"Whatever you like."

"You say what you want. I will watch with you. What kind of movies do you like? I remember you always watched a Barbie movie on Sunday afternoons. Want to watch that?"

"OK."

Anya frowned instantly. She was not expecting her to say yes to that. Anya, as a kid never liked Barbie movies or shows. Now as an adult they did not exist for her, so thinking of watching it was a horror to her. "We can watch something else. There is a very interesting show, Victoria. It's about Queen Victoria. Would you like to see that?"

"Say yes."

"OK."

"Let's do that then." Anya quickly switched on her TV, excited to finally see the series. But while she was waiting for the TV to switch on, she felt guilty. Dia never asked Anya to do anything for her. She quietly sat in one corner of the house without troubling anyone. Anya turned around to face Dia. "You know what. Let's watch queen."She frowned. "Queen Barbie."

"OK."

Anya turned around again with a smile on her face this time. She took the remote in her hand and pointed it at the TV. She stayed in the same position for almost a minute before turning around again. "Do you know where I can find that?" Anya tried searching for Barbie movies or something that Dia would like, but she could not find any. After fifteen minutes she gave up. She sat next to Dia before saying, "Movies are boring. Let's do something else."

"OK."

"OK."

They ended up doing nothing that day. Anya proposed many options and Dia kept saying OK, but they could not do anything. Anya talked and Dia listened. That's all they did the whole day. Anya said a lot of things, but not what she wanted to say. It was only a few minutes before they were about to sleep when she said what she wanted to say the whole day. " Dia."

"Hmm."

"I have a friend. No! Friend's brother. He is a psychologist. I heard he is very good. Although I doubt that. No. I do not doubt." She did not want Dia to doubt him because she knew her doubt was baseless. "So, what do you think about it?" Anya smiled. Dia kept starring her without blinking.  Anya raised her eyebrows to encourage her to speak, but that did not work.  "I meant," Anya said. " Why don't you go and meet him?"

"Why?" Dia whispered.

"Ah. He is a psychologist. You can go to his." Anya looked up. "Workplace? Yeah his workplace, I guess. You can talk to him. Maybe that will help you and."