Chapter XXXVII

"So he heard you?"

Anya bowed her head down. "I really didn't see him."

"How many times has he called?"

"I lost count. He keeps calling."

"He isn't believing you?"

"No. But some times it seems like he did. He is just unpredictable." Dia nodded her head.  "I am sorry. I will be careful. And I will make sure he never finds out. I really promise." Dia nodded her head again. "I am so sorry."

"It's OK. But." She paused for a moment. "How did you find out that Nisha is his cousin? What are you doing? Are you"

"I am doing nothing. I just met her in the park."

"The Park you go every day!?"

Anya closed her eyes and cursed herself. "Yeah. I mean she comes there. There are many people who come there. That doesn't mean something will happen." Anya hit her head this time.

"I knew she lived somewhere near."

"Oh."

"Did she say anything?"

"Ah?"

"About him. His family?"

Anya looked at her with guilt. Dia raised her eyebrows questioningly. "I am not sure if I should tell you."

"Just tell me. I want to know. It's related to me so I should know."

Anya hesitated to speak. She wished to ask Samar if it was a good idea but she was not going to call him. Not after what his brother said. "OK. But please don't be too upset about it. She said no one is making an effort to find you." She paused for Dia's reaction which she didn't give so Anya continued," Aman is trying but not giving his hundred per cent. He isn't a problem. His father is. He is using you for elections to gain sympathy. He ordered the police not to work on your case and said the same to Aman." Dia looked down at her fingers which brought a lump in Anya's throat.  "I am sorry that you have such in-laws. I wish I could hurt them. I really wish that."

"I don't want you to do that."

"I really, really want to hurt your father-in-law. At this moment more than I want to hurt his son."

"He." She paused. "Is better than everyone else in that family. He actually is the best out of them."

Anya frowned instantly. "If that is the best then what is the worst?" It made Dia look down again. Anya shook her head before standing up. "Dia, how did you end up with them? I mean how?" Anya did not know how to channel her worries other than being angry. Dia did not move which caused Anya to start walking back and forth. She was lost in her thoughts and her anger kept her engine going. She had so much in her mind that she didn't know what was in her mind. After some time, she stopped abruptly.  "Dia. Do you want to go back to him?" Dia looked up at her. Anya sat down again on the sofa. "My mind keeps thinking and getting worried about stuff. So I want a clear answer this time. I don't want to keep thinking and thinking. So, be honest, do you want to go back to him? He keeps calling. It looks like he wants to find you. Maybe he really wants you back. But will you go back?"

Everything around her started spinning. She was numb and all she could see at that moment was Anya's face. Her throat went dry and her eyes got moist. For a moment she thought she would faint. "I don't know. I. Don't. Know."

Samar curled his lips feeling sad for Dia. "I really don't know. I don't know how to answer that. I don't know what I want or what I feel. I don't know."

"And that is fine. You don't have to know. Not for now."

"I want to know. Actually, I want to see what I am willing to do." She looked up at him. "I want to see what I choose. I want the answer."