Chapter XXXV

Hello!

Can you all please give me two minutes? I really want you all to share what you think about this story and its characters. I would love to hear what you have to say. I really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Enjoy:)

Dia was sipping her coffee slowly. Anya, on the other hand, was working on a report which was due the next morning. She was calling her colleagues constantly and running from one room to another to collect the required materials. Dia was sitting quietly observing her.

"No, I don't want that. Can you check your email? I think I have sent you an email a few weeks ago. Yeah. Check it and call me back. Bye." Anya gently threw her phone on the sofa where Dia was sitting and sat on the floor. Taking the laptop in her hand she started editing her report.

"What are you doing?" Dia asked Anya.

"Working. What are you doing?"

"Coffee. You want some?"

"No, thank you."

"Di."

"Hmm."

"What should I call your." She raised her eyebrows. "Friend?"

"Which friend?"

"Samar?" She whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he is so much older than me. I cannot call him by his name."

"Hmm. That is right."

"So what should I call him?"

"Whatever you like."

"Sir?"

"No! He is not a sir. He is Samar. A Joker."

"So no sir?"

"No! He isn't a sir. I am sure he won't like it either."

"Bhai?"

"That would work. He is that."

Dia narrowed her eyes. "You like it?"

"Yeah."

"Of course." Dia bobbed her head. "But what if I call him Samar instead?"

"But you didn't want to call him that."

"Yeah, but what do you think?"

"Whatever is fine with you. I don't think he will mind anything."

"You know him well."

"Known him for many years."

"Yeah. Cute."

Anya looked at her. "What's cute?"

"Nothing," She said before standing up and leaving the room.

Anya frowned but soon got distracted by her work. Dia went to their room, trying her best not to smile. She took her phone in her hand and saw Khadijah's message. She smiled and sat down on the bed.

No.
I am very nervous.
Exams are scary.

Dia frowned for a moment.

I am sure you will go great.
Do you know something?

Dia bit her lips. She sent that message out of excitement but she wasn't sure if she was liable to tell anyone about it. She quickly went offline before Khadijah could reply. She looked in the living room and saw Anya who looked worried and tensed, but Dia smiled. Nothing in a long time had made Dia happy. No news was satisfying, not even the news of her unfortunate child. She did not wish to bring a child in a marriage where she was suffocating. Which was why she refrained from telling her husband and before she could tell him the baby was gone. That news didn't make her happy either. It made her more depressed. But now, after many years something made her happy.