Chapter X

Hello!  How is everyone???

If you see any mistake then please feel free to correct! 

Have a nice day/night.

Enjoy:)

Anya narrowed her eyes while trying to make a decision.  The lift was on the sixth floor and she was on the fourth. She usually takes the stairs, but for some reason she wanted to take the lift this time. She also asked herself why she never takes the easy option and always go for the hard option. When she pressed the call button it showed a downward arrow immediately. Anya was sure it was empty,  therefore safe.

"This is why I don't take lifts. "

She told herself when she was standing in the lift with a lady who lived on the sixth floor.  It was quiet and awkward,  exact type Anya disliked.  As soon as she was out of the lift she ordered herself to never use the lift again.  Of course except for when she was at work.  She was health-conscious but she was not going to climb twenty floors.

"You came back soon. " Nani said as soon as Anya entered the house. She closed the door before saying,"I did not go there to stay.  How long can it take to give them a bowl and come back? What did you give them?  It was hot. "Dia did not hear anything else.  She was sitting on the sofa,  quietly and distantly.  She hardly heard what Anya and her grandmother ever talked about.  There was a voice that she could hear all the time.  That voice was louder than anything else.  She could not hear anything or anyone else.  She did not know how to stop that voice, but that voice was slowly and gradually damaging her.

"Dia! " Anya's voice brought Dia back.

"Yeah." She whispered.

"You are going to take a shower or should I go? "

"I will go. " Dia said before leaving the leaving room .Anya sat on the sofa where Did was sitting earlier and took her phone in her hand. Her eyes were locked on the phone.  She bit her lower lip before taking a sip from her coffee.  She heard some noise that came from the kitchen and she wanted to check what was happening ,but her eyes were fixed on her phone. For some time she forgot her surrounding.  All she knew was her phone, which suddenly rang, running electricity down her spine.  She quickly answered,  but paused for few seconds before keeping the phone on her ears. 

“Hello? “ She did not intent to but she whispered. 

“Am I talking to Ms.Anya? “ A deep voice said. 

“Yes.”

“Mumbai police.” Anya gasped slowly. Her body suddenly became numb and she was scared.  “Just walked pass me.” The voice suddenly changed,  making Anya frown.

“Huh? “

The person on the other side started  laughing.“ You got scared,  didn't you?“

“Ali!?  What the hell! “

He laughed harder. “ I knew you would get scared.”

“I’m going to kill you Ali.”

“That is for sure, but now tell me did you check your WhatsApp messages? “

“No. Why? “

“I knew it.”

“You know everything,  right? “ She rolled her eyes. 

“Yes, I do. Himani messaged by the way."

“What did she say!? “ Anya could not hold herself from yelling.