Chapter XII

Hello!

You can now follow me on Instagram. The Id is kj_story_teller! I will update about my books and characters there! I also have many fun stuff planned. Please follow! Thank you!

Enjoy:)

“Anya.” There was urgency in Nani’s  voice. “Your parents are here.”
Anya and Dia's eyes widened immediately.  Anya turned to her grandmother. “Where are they?”

“I just saw their car through the window.” The door bell rang. “They are here.”

“In the bathroom.” Anya instructed Dia. Dia followed her orders and Anya went to, 6the living room.  She looked at nani one last time before opening the door.  Anya was angry at her parents for their unannounced arrival, but when she saw their smiling face she forgot everything. It gave her uneasy heart the ease it was looking for. 

“How is work?” Anya’s father asked when she gave him a glass of water.

“Hectic but fine.”

“What suddenly brings you here?”Nani asked her daughter.

“We thought of having dinner out so we came to pick you two up.”

“But the food is ready.” Nani said instantly.

“Eat it tomorrow.” Anya’s mother said. “Go get ready.”

Anya and Nani tried their best to convince them to go alone but Anya’s parents came with a mission to take them.  At the end Anya and her Nani had to give up. Anya excused herself and went to her room to change.  She  softly knocked the bathroom door and asked Dia to come out.

“We are going out for dinner.”Anya said.

“You told them about me!”

“No. We does not include you. Can you be alone? We will come back as soon as we can.”

“You will lock the door?”

“I will.”

“No one will come?”

“Possible looters.”Anya wanted to say but she did not want to scare Dia.  “No one will come.”

“I will sit in the room quietly. You can go.”

“Are you sure? I will make some excuse if you want.”

“No. Go.”

Anya knew she had no choice but go with her parents, so she did not want to protest when Dia said go. She wanted to be with her, but she also wanted Dia to be confident to be alone even if it's for some time. Anya quickly got ready and left the house before Dia losses her confidence. “Will she be fine? “Nani whispered Anya while walking down the stairs. “We will have to wait for our return to know.” Anya was worried for Dia and wanted to go back to her, but at the same time she wanted Dia to over come her fear. She decided not to try to hurry up and leave just because Dia was alone. Dia must go back to her old self, she kept reminding herself.

“What would you like to eat?” Anya’s father asked her.

“I think you know the answer.”Anya whispered before smiling. Her father laughed before saying, “Try something new for a change.”

“New is not my thing. I stay with the oldies.”

Soon they were at the restaurant and were waiting for their food to arrive. “You look thin. Did you lose weight? “ Her father asked.