0 0 0 . A L O N E

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇxɪᴛ ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

HER POV

I stopped right in the first empty place my eyes were able to see, merely sitting on the first brown bench I could find - my legs weren't able to keep running anymore - eventually letting my dirty palms hide my face in their cold warmth.

So I finally let myself cry.

I couldn't forget it. I couldn't just ignore the moment I left mommy behind my back. It was not like I had a list of options and choices waiting for me to pick my favourite, but still, something deep inside made me sick of thinking about that. Even if I tried to fill my thoughts with other things, I truly couldn't.

Those blue and red lights always appeared between them, noisy noises constantly escorting them, the boy in the corridor pointing at the exit.

For a second, I considered going back. Even though I still feared those tall strong men, I thought of going back there to check on mommy and him, to check if there was anything I could do for them. But then I wondered if she had even noticed me running out of her stage.

I don't want to see you two tonight, understood?

Of course, she did.

She loved us.

Hide.

Maybe two hours had passed when I decided to stand up from the brown bench, hands washed in tears and eyes tired from so much weeping. Looking at the dark sky full of darker clouds, lost drops of salty water continued running down my cheeks, my weak skinny legs gradually losing strength, trembling and falling on the humid grass.

You won't.

The minutes passed and unhurriedly brought with them heavy droplets and cold sighs of the winter wind, disinfecting the wounds on my legs and arms while washing and combing the long strands of my brown hair.

Although the breeze sang soft melodies in my ears, the shots and screams were still much more powerful and audible, causing my eyes to constantly shut as if making all those sounds disappear.

Standing up again, I looked straight and forced my bloody feet to walk, my lungs taking deep breaths between lost sobs.

Baam baam.

It was terrible. My cheeks burned as the salt of my tears got into my skin through my pores, tearing my muscles and paralyzing my blood. My body was a confusing mix of seasons, a cocktail of temperatures I wasn't enjoying.

They told us not to touch the drinks!

The sudden city lights forced my eyes to close, causing me to understand I was no longer in the park with naked trees and brown benches, but in the middle of the city, with thousands of shining billboards and cars stuck on the roads, red and yellow signs.

I wasn't sure if that was either good or bad, yet that made me sure of three things: I was far from those tall strong men, far from mommy and far from him.

Drink that and you'll be fine, I promise.

Under the rain, I did the best I could to dry the tears in my neck, licking twice my wet purple lips while blinking hard, fighting against my sobs and focusing on my breath, yet it was all useless. I couldn't manage to control my furious heartbeat, my confused emotions and mixed temperatures.