8 . C A F E T A R I A

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏғ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ? ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"We're having a meeting with a few members of the administrative department in two days." Rolling up the sleeves of his shirt, Jungkook sat down on his couch and rested his hands over its arms, his voice quite tenser than usual.

Nonetheless, for someone who had seen their secretary silently exploring the administrative offices the day before, Jungkook looked way too tranquillized, way too indifferent, too relaxed, which surely signified the camera recording hadn't been shown to him yet.

Don't look.

Just yet.

"Will I join it?" My low words immediately captured part of his attention, his eyes communicating with mine.

Noticing the hidden tremors in my tone, his facial features slightly changed, getting softer, less firm. He was staring at me like he always did but, that time, I didn't find it uncomfortable, awkward, or embarrassing.

He was genuinely worried.

"Why wouldn't you?" Both his elbows slowly landed on his two knees as his eyes looked at my shapes standing next to his desk, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. "Don't tell me you don't know the support of a secretary is absolutely essential for a CEO." After such words, the right corner of his lips got raised, judging with humour my silence. "A CEO like me needs a secretary like you, at least."

His sentences made me wonder how much time it would take for him to be informed of my past attitudes.

I couldn't help but think about his reaction knowing about dad's plan, knowing that all those websites were right and that his side was the one being cheated on.

As I thought about it, the meeting with the administrative department was not scheduled when I checked Jungkook's meetings for the week on Monday morning, which made me take a quick logical conclusion: that could be about me, and being humiliated was much worse than being fired, that was science.

"Miss?"

I blinked, finding myself staring at the frames of Jungkook's desk as his voice sounded like a delicate alarm clock singing in my ears, calling me from a different reality, another world, a distinct truth.

His life was so much better.

He didn't need to ruin anyone. Jungkook didn't need to stalk anyone. That man just didn't need to seduce his secretary to live.

"Are they that fascinating?"

Something in my body suddenly felt wrong, away.

At that moment, I found Jungkook standing in front of me, looking down at my cheeks as his left hand had got a gentle hold of my left arm, my gaze automatically raising to look into his eyeballs.

I had no idea I had been distracted for long enough for him to get there.

"Excuse me?" I asked, taking a step back away from him and his hand and Jungkook's features just couldn't lie about it.

The way I got rid of his hold got him surprised, not shocked but obviously very embarrassed.

Maybe no woman had ever acted so insensitive toward him or maybe no girl had ever refused his touch. I didn't know about that part, but I was sure it didn't feel neutral for him.