3 . E X C I T E M E N T

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ᴀ ᴅᴇsᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴇ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"I did not like him." I softly rested my cold cheeks over my palms, my elbows unhurriedly falling on my knees.

"You're giving it too much importance." Jihan glanced away at the garden outside the living room through the glass wall, shrugging his shoulders as my eyes rolled at his answer.

"He wanted to know more about me." I carefully looked at him, thoughtfully thinking over the words I had heard the previous day from Namjoon.

"Maybe."

"Namjoon handed me a letter from Jungkook one hour later." I gradually stood up from the couch's arm, unconsciously taking a few steps forward. "And now that I think of it, he only stopped questioning me when I asked him about Jungkook." Each word made its way out of my mouth slowly and smoothly, causing my head to overthink the phrases they were building. "Would he even have stopped the questions if I hadn't interrupted him?"

"You're thinking way too much, Miss." Jihan kept using one of his coldest tones, not even a bit intrigued about the situation. "Don't forget you're the one having a plan against Jungkook, not him against you."

"Do you think they are suspicious about anything?" My high heels guided me closer to him, my pupils not letting go of his shapes as the fear of having the past years revealed froze my fingertips.

"About what?"

"You know what I am talking about."

"No, I don't."

By the way his eyes met mine, I understood he was lying.

Jihan was a liar, yet he hadn't always been like that. My mother had once told me Jihan used to tell everybody's secrets out loud during the breaks at school. He didn't know how to shut his mouth nor how to keep unknown a surprise for two days. However, it was not his fault, he couldn't control it even if he wanted to.

Jihan was more transparent than water, yet he had become red in only a few couples of days.

My mother told me not to hate him, not to hate the son of dad's former secretary.  She said he had been carved into a dirty liar, that he was being forced to be like that, that it wasn't his choice.

Although she tried to convince me, deeper inside, she wasn't totally convinced either.

How could an innocent child become that sinful in a few nights? Jihan was like that from the very beginning, it could only be.

That was how, at that moment, I was sure he was lying.

"What if they had got to know about Jiso?"

He shrugged his shoulders, clearly bothered about the topic I was bringing back to our days.

"That's not possible." He took a couple of breaths before turning his body again to the sun, his eyes melancholy closing as he whispered. "Just leave that with the past, Miss, there's no need to talk about that boy again."

"Stop talking to yourself." I firmly said, watching him sigh.

"Then stop talking about my brother, will you?"

That was when a heavy silence interrupted our dialogue and flooded the living room with a heavy wind of thoughts.

He knew how much I hated to hear that and, as much as I could want, I couldn't change his behaviour, the person he had learned how to be.