7 . R E C O R D E D

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ᴘᴏᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪᴄʜ ɪɴ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

Before knocking on his door, I thought twice.

"You may come in." Jungkook's voice was more than enough to make my lungs sigh, one of my hands opening the door by its handle.

Getting inside his office, I found Jungkook's eyes reading some documents, his dark hair falling over his forehead as his coat rested over his chair back.

"Good morning, Mr Jeon."

Hearing my words, Jungkook raised his gaze to look at me, his lips curving into a quick smile as he watched me walking closer to his desk, both my hands holding the tablet with his daily schedule.

"Good morning to you too, Miss." He said a few seconds after me, closing the previously opened internet page on his computer once I cleared my throat to speak.

"Secretary Kim Namjoon just gave me your schedule for today, Sir." Attentively listening to my memorized words, Jungkook nodded his head, taking a look at the tablet I ended up giving him. "You are supposed to attend a meeting with the design team this afternoon and another one with the surveillance camera's services later today."

"Anything else?"

I nodded.

"Doctor Park will be waiting for you to have lunch."

"I know he will." Putting the tablet on a corner of his desk, Jungkook looked at me with a quite serene gaze. "And 'Namjoon' is enough, Miss Choi, you know he's no longer a secretary."

"Understood." As I bowed my torso once and got ready to finally take my leave, I noticed Jungkook looking down at my chest covered by my white shirt, causing my lungs to forget how to inhale for a second and my feet to hurry to the exit.

Is she even comfortable with all that attention?

"Wait." He suddenly said, a demanding tone accompanying his lonely word as my heart skipped a beat, my heels turning me back to him.

"What is it?"

"Where's your card?"

"Excuse me?" Not even thinking twice, I automatically looked down at my body, Jungkook's words confusing me.

"Your professional identification card. Where is it?" Jungkook looked at me with an eyebrow slightly raised, his humid lips reminding me of the day we had drunk together, of the apologies I still owed him.

"I apologize, Sir, guess I might have forgotten to put it on."

"Make sure it doesn't happen again, Miss Choi. The card makes you an official worker of mine, it's important to use it."

I nodded, keeping quiet.

"You may leave now."

Before getting away from his vision, I made sure to bow my body at him one last time, my lungs letting out a heavy sigh as my legs led me over to my place outside his office to eventually sit down in my chair.

Breathe.

Opening the desk drawer, my eyes immediately met the red nose of the identification card's Minhyan, its scared lips scaring mine.

Using that card meant remembering that slip and owed apologies every minute. It would eventually remind me of the reasons behind that red nose and lead me to feel that annoying need to get something I shouldn't at the bar.