1 2 . A S H A M E D

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ʀᴇsɪɢɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Miss Choi Minhyan has joined our team recently." Jungkook's voice speaking my name suddenly brought me back to the hell of that meeting, my eyes widening as I carefully focused on the rest of his speech. "And, as all of you already know, we are supposed to be loyal and able to trust each other."

I automatically bit my inner lips, my eyes irrationally closing, my lungs trying to calm down. I just wished I could disappear from there, go back to my place, get back to my origins. I felt so guilty that my heart skipped beats and my feet landed on anthills.

I knew they wouldn't just ignore the fact that I had gone to those offices. I knew it so damn well.

"Recently, all those virtues and personal goals we have established failed." Jungkook's words caused low murmurs in some corners of the table. "And, as your CEO, I can't just ignore what was shown and reported to me."

Jungkook was reckless.

I hadn't done anything bad to him, yet he was already shooting me and my young career in front of those owners of importance before facing me with his suspicions, before sharing a word or two with me, before listening to my part of the story.

I could have told him things able to prove my faked innocence, things that would clarify the images recorded by that damn camera, yet he was brainless enough to skip that part and automatically embarrass me.

Namjoom had lied.

If Jungkook liked me the way Namjoon said he did, he wouldn't have done that, we wouldn't have scheduled a meeting to reveal the way I was a spy put in the middle of them.

"We all come from different houses and we all have different families. However, when we get in by those doors on the first floor of this building, we're all the same." Jungkook's pupils travelled around the few faces sitting in those chairs, yet they avoided mine, they met the eyes of everyone but deliberately decided to exclude my brown ones. "I've never mistreated you and I've never made you feel out of this huge home. If you think otherwise, at least, know that I've tried my best to welcome you all as you deserve."

Jungkook's voice was slowly getting steadier as he kept on a serious tone and a serious posture, his extremely symmetric shapes demanding the attention he easily got.

"Nevertheless, in the last days, I've read sentences that I can't neither understand nor permit." He stopped, letting his listeners think for a couple of seconds. "Miss Choi Minhyan's origins don't matter."

I was shot.

"The woman sitting next to me does her work the same way all of you do yours and shouldn't be blamed for being from the family she is." Jungkook finished each word with determination, my head turning to look at him, shock moving it. "Accusing her of lying and betraying us is not your job. This means that, from now on, I want you all to help and cooperate with me, to make Miss Choi feel the comfort she deserves and to share all of this with the rest of the company."

For a moment, I couldn't remember how to breathe.

"Do you think we're the ones rejecting Miss Choi, Sir?" A man raised his eyebrows in a surprised confusion, speaking as some other people nodded, considering.