1 5 . D A N G E R O U S

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɢɪʀʟ ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

Minho was never a complicated child. He was modest, kind, and lovely, with a wonderful collection of numerous shells he used to collect with my mother during the night, always from the same beach, always from the same friendly waves and the same thin white sand.

He used to have some fish as friends too, and that couldn't be better since it made him busier and happier at the same time. The thing was that, in general, for some reason, they didn't last more than three weeks, which was a big problem due to Minho's attachment to them.

So, after that tragic experience with finned animals, my mother decided to adopt a dog with floppy ears and light brown fur, Penny Willow, as well known as Pillow or simply Will.

The truth was that she couldn't have just had a better idea: they were inseparable.

Penny Willow was always with Minho. She slept with him, she had breakfast with him, she sat by his side during his classes at home.

They were made for each other and that was it.

The problems came later when Minho started spending the afternoons playing with a girl named Kim Jennie in the basement.

Minho liked Jennie, that was written on his cheeks every time he looked at her, it was more scientific than science, and Penny Willow was so jealous of that lovely friendship that she went from glaring at Jennie to biting on her fingers in less than seven days.

That was how I knew with all my certainties Penny Willow wouldn't be pleased now if she saw Minho at that party fully glued to girls either.

What was that?

Could that even be called dancing?

How about those boys next to him?

Skin filled with tattoos, infinite clouds of smoke leaving their lips, and a bunch of empty glasses on the tables they occupied.

Not to mention the creepy flirty looks, the lack of politeness in their mouths, the absence of a shirt covering their chest.

Impossible.

Minho would never befriend guys like those.

She does this every night.

Even on Sunday.

Hey, what are you doing?

Stop watching!

I wanted to look away from them, I swear I really did, but I just couldn't. I knew I had to focus on Minho but it was much harder than I could have ever thought it would be. Those males sent shivers through my spine yet my eyes refused to look away.

Look at me.

Just never talk to them, alright?

They're dangerous.

So we'll hide.

Stop looking at them!

"They are dangerous, Minho," I mumbled, still standing next to the front door with both my pupils locked on those guys ordering more drinks with cigarettes in the middle of their lips, their eyes red as if in need of sleep.

I'm trying to help you.

Minho's sudden voice called my eyes' attention.

"Get away from t-"