1 0 . H O M E L E S S

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ sɪx ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

It was when a finger interrupted the path of my tear that my heart skipped a beat, my fingers beginning to shake as my smile faded away in less than a second, sweat invading my temples. That wasn't my mother.

My senses stopped and my body tensed, getting cold, freezing, my eyes opening with fear.

Cry, honey, just cry.

And he noticed that.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING TO ME??"

His eyes widened at my sudden tone, his pupils trying to find some free space for them in mine as his hand kept its touch on my skin.
Jungkook was shocked but not enough to back off.

"I'm taking off your card-"

"Let go," I mumbled, my voice failing in my throat.

I am afraid.

Not responding, Jungkook kept his hand in the same place, waiting for a new reaction of mine.

I'd breathe in and out twice on normal days, I'd tell myself it was all fine, I'd calm down my body, my nerves, my thoughts. However, I didn't have patience for that at that moment, I was angry, disgusted, ashamed. Jungkook had touched me so easily that I could only think of taking an urgent bath, washing my neck, changing my skin.

"Let-"

"Why are you reacting like this? I'm not doing anything to you." He tilted his head slowly as his eyes trying to connect with mine, yet I was no longer going to let that magic work on me. "Do I scare you?"

She's going to throw up!

"Let go of me!"

That time, I raised my voice, looking at him in a way able to make him realize that was not a joke, that I was not like him to play with others' emotions.

Someone help her!

So he finally let go of me.

⊱⋅ ⋅⊰

"I wanted to come earlier," I said, avoiding his gaze as I preferred to look at the trees and bushes in front of us instead. "But Jungkook did not let me."

"I know." Taehyung nodded his head, taking a deep breath before leading a biscuit into his mouth, slowly chewing it.

The sunset was the only light illuminating the park, a soft breeze making the plants tremble, leaves leaving their branches.

Nearby the roads, there were some people walking in front or behind their dogs and kids, some ice creams being held by a young number of them. Sometimes, a few squirrels were climbing up the trees, running around the flowers or observing the human life, often eye contacting with some birds.

The park was a great place to sit and relax, with big trees causing a low exposition to the sun and a lake causing a fun time swimming.

Deeply inhaling the soft air of the soft breeze, I felt its freshness running around my lungs, reaching my veins in a very pleasurable sensation. It made me feel like I was free for a moment, free from my responsibilities, free from every winter night.

I felt good.

It was when the first lamp was turned on that Taehyung opened his mouth to speak, my eyes carefully following the path of a lost seagull.