1 1 . M E E T I N G

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ sʜᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

Sitting down on the chair left for me, I looked around the empty room, analyzing the prizes and counting the seats.

Meetings were never a reason for me to get anxious, never a reason to make me scared and, over everything else, they were never a reason to make me overthink. However, that time it felt completely different.

Cameras had seen me in the wrong place and the probability of having twenty people talking and commenting on my behaviour in the administrative office that day was way too high to find a percentage.

Besides all that, with what pair of eyes would I look at Jungkook?

I was only trying to take off your identity card, Miss.

I had been avoiding his gaze and so had he.

I wasn't planning to do anything else.

Jungkook only needed to try to explain the situation once to understand it was completely useless, a waste of time as I couldn't care less about his intentions.

"Good afternoon, Miss." Suddenly, a tall man got into the room, the smile on his lips impressing both my eyes.

Frankly, I wasn't used to seeing someone being that nice to me in that company, that type of nice that was not forced, not ordered, not sent. I could be sure it wasn't.

So I smiled back.

"Good morning, Sir."

Sitting on a chair one or two meters away from me, he opened the bag he had brought over his shoulder and took out a few documents, some prints of drawings and a few sketches, his right fingers grabbing one of the pens available in the centre of the table to start writing some notes.

Keeping quiet, my eyeballs accompanied his moves, my back leaning against the chair.

The truth was that he was not much different from the others: white shirt, black coat, dark hair. His appearance was not new to my eyes but that behaviour certainly was, which got me interested, very curious.

"Do you need anything, Miss?" He unexpectedly asked, discomfort written in his mouth as he had noticed me staring at him.

"Oh- No, my apologies."

Slightly bowing my head at him, I answered his question, seeing him smile and refocus on his work right after.

Nevertheless, as the time passed, the low silence and the slow minutes made all that heavy atmosphere gradually get awkward, also because I had nothing else to do while waiting, which inevitably led me to keep both my eyes on him.

Indeed, he was different.

Sighing and making his fingers let go of the pen they were grabbing, that man glanced around, standing up to walk over to me.

"Kim Seokjin." Reaching my place, he introduced his name with a new tone, showing me his hand ready to accept mine. "An honour to meet you, Miss."

"Choi Minhyan." I lightly bowed my head, exhibiting a smile similar to his.

Although I kept my palm on my lap, Kim Seokjin took a few long seconds to notice I wasn't going to give him my hand at all, his eyeballs looking at his fingers and mine once as if signalling me that it was just a formal way of greeting ladies.