4 . A D V I C E

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪɴᴋ ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Wait a moment, he's coming." A lady in her thirties said, sketching a smile before leaving me sitting on an entrance couch, my hands on my thighs, my teeth biting my lips.

It was early in the morning, probably eight or nine o'clock, and, surprisingly, I was not sleepy.

The truth was that it had been a sleepless night for me. I had tried a bunch of different positions, a ton of different pillows and a few different lights, yet nothing really helped. Actually, the more I moved, the more awake I seemed to get.

Try to sleep, honey.

It was frustrating to hear the roosters cluck.

Count lambs, alright?

So I got up before the sun to cover the dark circles under my eyes and give my cheeks a different colour.

"Choi Minhyan?"

I rose my eyes from my hands to look at the person calling me, paralysing for an instant as I saw Jungkook accompanied by Namjoon.

It was happening.

"That is me." I bowed, standing up.

Something about him felt weirdly familiar.

He was tall and quite well-shaped, a good-looking man with a profound unusual gaze. Jungkook's dark hair slightly fell over his forehead in a bright shape, his black coat covering the sides of his shirt as his discreet belt perfectly hugged his rigorous waist.

"LIR.E's CEO, Mr Jeon Jungkook," Namjoon said as he introduced me to his boss, who respectfully bowed his torso at me.

"It's my entire pleasure to finally meet you, Miss Choi." Jungkook's tone was pleasing and his gaze neat, his scent a mix of coriander with grapefruit and a bit of what seemed to be ginger.

On the other hand, Namjoon's body was clearly tensed and his mouth had opened only once since I had arrived there.

"I'll show you LIR.E-" Namjoon confidently approached himself while taking his hands out of his pockets. However, Jungkook's left palm blocked his path before he could reach me, causing the secretary to automatically go back a few steps, glancing at him.

"Thank you for the offer, Secretary Kim." His tone was firmer and, even though Jungkook was still looking into my pupils, his perception of Namjoon's reaction was as if he was exclusively observing him. "But I'm the one introducing my company to Miss Choi."

"Thank you," I mumbled, a corner of my lips slowly lifting.

As I changed my focus to detailedly look around, Jungkook discussed a few quick details with Namjoon in a very low tone, his hands running into his pockets right after combing some smooth strands of his dark hair to the back.

When Namjoon left, Jungkook took a deep breath, looking at me.

"You may follow me, Miss." He said, a mix of comfort and respect in his tone at that time.

Jungkook walked over to the elevator after my confirmation, his head slightly nodding as a greeting at the workers who kept passing by us, some stopping to bow their torsos at his presence.

The internet said people liked him and, at that moment, I understood it was real, definitely true and not another misconception.

The way Jungkook knew each worker was notorious, and I could swear his eyes glowed with pride whenever his pupils came together with the pillars of his company, the place he had built with his own ten fingers.