1 3 . D E S I G N E R

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴊᴜsᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"That identification card is different from yesterday's, isn't it?" Seokjin asked, pouring some white sugar into his hot coffee.

"Your memory must be good," I commented, looking down at the new professional card.

That Minhyan was, indeed, much better than the previous drunk one. Although it was only a mere piece of paper around my neck telling people my name, that difference was enough to improve my posture in the company, my confidence, the comfort in my steps.

"Some say it sucks, some say it's quite helpful." Drinking a sip of his coffee, Seokjin paused his reasoning, staring at something behind me before continuing. "I say it's normal."

"I think it suits you well," I added, showing him a slight smile.

"So you lost the previous identification card?"

"I would have lost my head long ago if I had not been gifted with a neck, honestly."

Laughing, Seokjin clapped once, taking a quick sip of his sweet coffee as mine was still untouched.

"Mr Jeon didn't like it when a friend of mine asked for a new one, though."

"Why not?" I raised an eyebrow, giving my new card a new glance.

"Self-acceptance, he said." Seokjin chuckled, quickly looking into my coffee. "Better drink it before it gets cold, Miss, trust me."

Giving him another smile, I made my lips touch the cup of coffee to drink half of it, Seokjin's eyes focusing on my slow movements as if waiting for any kind of approval from me.

"I wasn't planning to ask you this, I swear." He started, his gaze fearing my following reactions. "But do you have any kind of relationship with Mr Jeon out there?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, drinking the rest of the coffee in two sips.

"Friends? Maybe more than that?"

"Uhm," I mumbled, looking at my painted long nails.

I got it.

That apparent innocent male was ready to spread the hot news he wanted me to give him. He'd make himself a friend of mine, he'd offer me his money and land on me his time, yet that wouldn't be for free, I knew it way too well.

"You cannot guess it?" I slowly focused my pupils on his, watching his posture change into a more comfortable one as I rested my elbows on the table.

You can read some people's next actions, Minhyan.

"I think you're more than just friends."

"What makes you think that way?"

"Everything. Just look at your chest." He said lowly, his head signalling me to look at the identification card around my neck. "He let you change that, he came to a meeting about shoes and invited people from the highest positions of the administrative offices to defend your rights." His eyes gradually grew wider at each word he spoke, his face getting closer to mine as his voice lowered its tone, becoming a whisper. "Mr Jeon accepted you in this job, in the first place."

Men are predictable, don't you think?

"I see," I mumbled again, giving the few workers in the café a slight glance. "How about you and Kim Namjoon, then?"