6 . A N A E M I A

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ᴛᴀɴᴛʀᴜᴍ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴠᴇɢᴇᴛᴀʙʟᴇs ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

I hadn't done a single thing since Jungkook and I had last talked.

I had to apologize for losing a bit of my posture on the other day. My manners were constantly telling me that was the minimum I could do and, to be honest, I was well aware of that. Nevertheless, something way too huge made me sit back on my chair every time I stood up to go apologize, causing me to spend the whole day just like that: quiet, always quiet, completely silent.

Namjoon had passed by my desk twice and some employees had even appeared to ask for Jungkook, who had gotten out for lunch with a blonde man and hadn't come back after.

I could bet he felt disappointed as well. I didn't know him a lot, yet I knew males good enough to know they pressed their lips into a thin line and cleared their throats when displeased.

And that was, in my case, terrible. Everyone knows embarrassment and discomfort are the first indications that a certain relationship between certain people is not going to work at all. It is always going to be awkward no matter what the individuals do.

I had started with the left foot again.

On the other hand, the phone number dad had given me was still in my pocket, constantly knocking on my brain whenever my mind got free from Jungkook for a single moment, fighting for a position in my priorities.

As the clock pointers stopped on the number six, my feet led me over to the closest restroom, entering the women's big section as both my lungs hurried to take a deep breath even before my body had got into one of the cubicles.

I was exhausted, confused, and worried. I was a mess of feelings as my current existence was a complete mess of situations, a complete storm or tons of problems and few solutions. I had too many things to do and figure out and, somehow, although apologising to Jungkook for my slight slip was the easiest to do, I just couldn't.

I felt so embarrassed. I didn't want to admit how irresponsible I was for drinking three glasses of wine when, in fact, my tolerance for alcohol barely existed.

Sighing, I rested my back against the door of the cubicle, the silent and calm place allowing me to feel and hear my blood circulating all over my body, calming down my neurons, no longer thinking about Jungkook or the doctor's phone number.

I was exhausted and needed composure, tranquillity, no sounds or disturbances.

"Right? I don't get it how people can be so two-faced." A female voice was suddenly heard, the sound of a tap being opened following the previous words. "He lives his life telling us harder work brings better results. He's constantly reminding us how lucky we are for working in this company, the way not everybody gets the same chance as us, the way we should fight to keep our position. How is this the same person accepting this situation now?"

"I honestly can't understand that either." A different voice echoed in the restroom's atmosphere, the tap closing for a moment. "No job experience and no interesting curriculum... she just left college, for God's sake!"

"If I knew I only needed to be gorgeous to get her position, I would have used my money for plastic surgeries instead of universities."

Chuckles.

"I heard she was one of the first profiles the HRM declined."

"It's way too disrespectful for everybody in here, Jihye, I had never thought Mr Jeon would ever tolerate this."