1 6 . H A N G O V E R

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ❞

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Minho?" Calling his name, I slowly opened the kitchen door, my eyes peeking into the room.

And there he was, looking outside at the garden through the window as a prince ready to be portrayed, his arms crossed over his chest and his body leaned against the counter with a dripping sink.

Taking a deep breath, I collected all my courage and, against my throat will, I used it all at once, not even thinking properly.

"It is me. Minhyan-"

"What are you doing here?" His tone was cold and his words even colder, his eyes still focused on the outside as his body refused to move an inch.

I accepted it though. I accepted it with a smile on my lips, already happy for, at least, not being ignored as I had expected to be.

It was already great for me.

"Look, I know you are mad at me, probably worse than just mad, and I cannot judge you for that." I gulped, taking a few steps closer. "I understand and you were right."

"What?" Finally, his head moved, finding mine, his eyebrows raised.

"I am no longer asking for forgiveness, Minho. I came to-" I shut my eyes for a moment, taking another deep breath as a tear threatened to fall from my right eye. "I came to tell you dad's company will be soon yours."

Suddenly, his eyes stopped judging me, his feet approaching him to me.

"I am working hard to give you what you deserve."

"How did you convince dad?"

"He does not know about it."

"You cannot just give it to me like that."

"I can. I will confess everything after ruining LIR.E and it will be yours. The most successful company will be yours and you won't have any adversaries difficulting your job."

He smiled, letting our eyes meet for the first time in years.

Minho was so grown up, so much taller and so much different. He was a man and no longer the child reading books in the basement dreaming about Jennie.

Yet he still had the same smile, the same eyes and the same nose. The same expression.

He was my Minho, and he was right in front of me.

Damn.

"Thank you, Minhyan." He said, resting his warm hand on the crook of my neck, still smiling. "Thank you for thinking about me, for taking care of me, for sacrificing your life so you can give me one. Thank you for telling Taehyung to help me out, for lying to our dad and for abdicating his company. I've got no words, Minhyan, nothing is enough to describe my gratitude."

Was that how heaven felt like?

"Thank you for following me on my birthday, for coming to me even after being warned and for thinking giving me DRIXX would repair the damage you did to my family." His smile got wider at each word, his hand moving in soft calm circles on my cheek. "I love you, Minnie."

I had never thought I'd get to listen to those words alive, and that was why I felt so lost at that moment. I didn't know what to say, what to do or how to react, so I just smiled with numerous tears hydrating my cheeks pores.