15.

The Hybrid
Season 3 Episode 2

Klaus, Stefan, and I are walking through the Smoky Mountains. Stefan is carrying Ray, who is unconscious, on his shoulders.

"So, after turning his pack into hybrids what's next?" I asked Klaus.

He puts his arm over my shoulder putting part of his weight on me and I don't bother to remove it, "Can't reveal my plans yet, love. All in time."

"Can't be good, can it?" I asked and he simply smiles at me.

Klaus looks over to Stefan and asks, "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine." Stefan answers.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great. I'm sure Ava would like to talk to you." Stefan says as he looks at me and I roll my eyes at him.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus said.

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There."

"Thanks to me actually." I said smiling at Klaus.

"Thanks to your sister's effective method of torture we got our selves of a pack of wolves ready to be turned into hybrids."

We stop to look at the pack of werewolves we found. Stefan goes put Ray on the ground.

"Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?" The women say rushing over to Ray.

Klaus removes his hand from my shoulder and joins Stefan, "The important question is who am I." Klaus said.

"Everyone I'd like to introduce your very distant grandfather." I say sarcastically and Klaus looks at me and I give him a smile.

" I say sarcastically and Klaus looks at me and I give him a smile

"Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid." The girl answer.

Klaus smiles, "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

Klaus explains everything to the werewolves and Stefan and Klaus on a large rock and I'm sitting in the ground playing with a twig. Everyone is standing still, looking at Klaus and listening.

"It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Klaus turns to look me, "Bored, Ava?"

"Very." I said sarcastically as Ray starts to wake up.

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?" Ray asks.