16.

The End of the Affair
Season 3 Episode 3
Part 1

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus says as we get out of the car.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks.

"I know how much you loved it here. It is one of your sister favorites." Klaus says as he looks at me and then turns to look at Stefan, "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan explains.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun." Klaus says as we stare out into the city.

Chicago 1920s flashback.

"No, it didn't happen like that..."

"I did. I saw it with my own eyes." Klaus chuckles.

"I was walking and there was something in front of me that I didn't see and I tripped." I said trying to explain what had happened earlier.

"Something like what? Your foot." Klaus says laughing.

"You leave shoes just about anywhere. And every time I trip over it. I've been telling you for years now to put your shoes where they belong and you never listen to me. You know, women leave there husbands for little things like that?"

"But you won't leave because you love me." He smiled as he kisses me.

"Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?" I hear Gloria say.

Klaus and I both look at each other. I look more surprised than he does. I had heard Stefan was in Chicago but I didn't expect to see him.

"Save me a dance, Gloria." Stefan said.

"My brother is here." I said to Klaus.

The mood changes between Klaus and I. It went from laughing to being serious. I had heard that Stefan had turned off his humanity again. I usually didn't like hanging around with Stefan when his humanity is off because he knows what can tick me off.

"Don't worry, love. Everything will be fine." Klaus says and he kisses my cheek as Rebekah walks over to us.

"I just met your brother. The genes do run strong." She says smiling and puts her glass of champagne on the table, "I'm going to go dance." She says and goes to the dance floor.

Klaus stands up and smiles at me, "would you care to dance, Mrs. Mikaelson?" He asks extending his hand.

"I would love too, Mr. Mikaelson." I said smiling as I took his hand and he leads me to the dance floor.
End of Flashback

Present Day
"Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan says as he leans against the car.

"Going to get down to business, then?"

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on? Ava will stay with you since, you know, she still has a thing for you."

I roll my eyes at Stefan and he gives me a half smile.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus walks over to the car door which is being held open by one of his minions.