35

Before the sunsets
Season 3 Episode 21
Part 2

"Stop!" Elena shouts as she walks back in the classroom and Alaric pulls the stake out. I crouch forward as I gasp for air.

***

(Narrator's POV) Klaus comes back up to the house with a propane tank and a newspaper torch. Stefan comes up to the front door.

"Put it out."

"Come outside and make me." Klaus says and Stefan steps outside.

"Elena's not here. Alaric has her and Ava. Also, Caroline and he's gonna kill them both unless you turn yourself over to him." Stefan says and Klaus's eyes widen in fear suddenly Caroline appears as Klaus throws down the newspaper and drops the propane tank.

"Alaric has Ava and Elena." She breaths out.

"How did you get free?" Klaus asks her.

"Ava." She breaths out once again. "She stabbed Alaric in the neck with a pencil... though he didn't react. I thought Elena and Ava we're behind me but they weren't. I used my vamp-hearing... Elena stayed because Alaric was going to kill Ava if she didn't."

Klaus's hands turn into a fist as he's overridden with fear and he turns to look at the Salvatore's brothers.

***

(Ava's POV) "How did you get out of those?" Alaric asks and I laughed.

"If you're trying to keep a girl, with a power link spell done on her making her have Original abilities, down with pencils I suggest you find something more secure." I said as I roll my eyes and Elena watches us. He dips the cloth that was in my mouth into a beaker of vervain. I've never had this much vervain in my system.

How do I get out of this mess? I have no idea.

Do I have a plan B? I'm working on it. I can easily get out of the ropes I just need to find a way to leave without getting killed. The best option right now is to stay put.

"I'm going to kill you." I gritted through my teeth as Alaric walks back to me and Elena gets up.

"Alaric stop!"

Alaric pushes Elena back into a seat. "Sit down! This keeps the vervain in her system. It's like inhaling razorblades with every breath."

Alaric puts the cloth back in my mouth. My skin begins to smoke and burn. I hold in my cries.

Are you going to let it strengthen you or weaken you? The words of an old friend rang in my ear. Does it work in a situation like this? It doesn't but I'll make it work. I closed my eyes and I started to think about my father's coded journal. I needed to distract myself from the pain.

I started to decode the journal from what I remember. There was nothing useful just all this crap. He writes as if the best father and did good to all his children but he didn't. Something pops up in my mind. "I stumbled across a hidden journal of Lily's..." My mother had a journal about me and possibly my real father. I hope Stefan has it... but then again if Giuseppe found it my mother probably burned it. Dammit.