19

The Reckoning
Season 3 Episode 5

Rebekah had been snapping my neck all day. I knew she had been injecting me with vervain because every time I had awaken I felt weaker.

I woke up and at this point I'm really annoyed and pissed, "come on, get it over it." I told Rebekah since all the vervain in my system is keeping me weak. I saw Stefan on the floor with his neck snapped.

"I get why you did it, Ava. You did it for family."

"Good, you finally crack the case." I smiled sarcastically.

"You're very protective of Stefan. So much that you'll keep the doppelgänger protected and keep her from Klaus's knowledge. I admire that about you."

"So, Klaus knows that Elena is still alive?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's at the school hopefully ripping her head off."

I quickly got up, speed towards her, tried to grab her by the neck. In my weak state, I couldn't because she was quicker than me.

She quickly pulls my hand off her and grabs me by the neck, "You know I can't have you interfering with anything." She said and snap my neck once again.

****

As soon as I woke up I tried to sit up but I hit my head against something. I was confused, I was stuck in a confined space and it was sort of comfortable. I realize that Rebekah had put me in a coffin.

I pushed the top of the coffin with my hands until it flew open. I got out of the truck and I was weak and hungry so I had a little snack before I made my way to Mystic Falls High.

****

I was rushing down the school hallway when I heard Klaus talking.

"There we go. Good boy." He says as I walk in.

"Where's Stefan?" I immediately ask and everyone turns to me but then Tyler starts coughs as we all turn to look at him. He rolls over the desk, and falls to the floor, screaming and groaning. He holds his head and screams and his face finally changes.

Klaus first successful hybrid.

"Well, that's a good sign." Klaus says and I have no idea what had just happened.

I assumed that Elena was dead and I left to go find Stefan.

....

I was walking out of the school lot when I heard someone behind me.

"I heard you were looking for me." Stefan says as I turned to look at him.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

He walks closer to me, "I'm better than okay." He says with a smirk on his face.

I'd recognize that smirk anywhere, "you're humanity is off..."

"Ding! Ding! Ding! Two points for you."

"Elena's dead?" I asked because Stefan wouldn't turn off his humanity without a really good reason.

"Unfortunately, no. She's still alive and kicking."

"What?" I asked confusingly, "Then why is you're humanity off?"

"So many questions, sister. Why don't you go ask Klaus I'm sure he'll answer you."

"What do you mean?"

"You can thank him for the new me. The better me." He says and I looked at him as if he were crazy, "see you at home." He says and vanishes.

I pulled out my phone and text Klaus to meet me.