23

Homecoming
Season 3 Episode 9
Part 1

I haven't been home in about day and a half. It's now the day of Homecoming. I've been avoiding Rebekah by not being in Mystic Fall but this morning I came back. I haven't talked to Damon and I haven't seen Stefan either.

I'm at the Grill and I'm contemplating whether I should tell Klaus that Rebekah knows he killed his mother. "What can I get you, Ava?" Matt asks as he walks over to me.

"Bourbon." I replied and he nods as he goes serve me. "Have you seen Damon?"

"Damon? No, I haven't."

"How about Elena?"

"No, why?" He says and he hands me my drink.

"No reason." I said and took a sip of bourbon.

I pulled out my phone and called Klaus.

"Love..."

"Where are you?" I asked cutting him off.

"Why? What happened?"

"Nothing. I need to see you... I want to see you."

Now that Rebekah knows Klaus killed his mother doesn't do well for me or him.

"Why are you whispering?" He asks.

"Prying ears around me." I said as I know Matt is looking at me trying to hear what the conversation so I look at him and he immediately looks away.

"I'm in Portland."

"I'm coming." I said and hung up.

***

(Narrator's POV.)
Damon and Stefan are conspiring with Mikael to kill Klaus. They came up with a plan to lure him back to Mystic Falls by telling Klaus that Mikael came for Elena. Damon and Stefan vervained him and discovered that he had a dagger that he planned to use on Rebekah but instead Elena daggered him. Now they're trying to figure out how it will work because knowing Klaus he would want proof.

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael says. "If only I'd had figured out who's Niklaus wife was. I heard whispers that her name was Mia Avery but I could never track her down." Mikael says as Elena tenses up, Damon is acting calm while Stefan doesn't give a care in the world.

Damon realizes that's what Ava calls herself when she doesn't want to be found. "He's married?" Damon asks pretending to be shocked.

"Yes, he is. No matter. This plan can still work without her."

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asks.

"Well, that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him." Mikael says.

"With what?" Stefan asks Mikael. "Those daggers won't work on him."

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned."

"Where is it?" Stefan asks as Mikael is dipping a dagger in the ashes of the white oak tree.

"Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?"

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you." Mikael says as hands over the dagger to Elena.

"Y...You want me to actually dagger you?" Elena asks shocked.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance...especially when it comes to trust."