36

The Departed
Season 3 Episode 22

(Flashback May of 1901)
"Are you done?" Rebekah asks as I'm cutting my hair for the wedding. It's been years since my last trim and it's my wedding day so I really needed it.

"Almost." I said looking in the mirror seeing if I cut it in the right length. I'm looking in the mirror as Nik walks in and I turned around.

"Nik, you're not supposed to be here. It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding." Rebekah says stopping him from walking any further.

"Rebekah, love, we're vampires. Just give us a moment." Nik says and Rebekah looks at me; I nodded slightly and she leaves the room. Nik walks over to me with a smile, "You look stunning, love."

"Thank you." I smiled. "I don't think my brothers are coming."

"We can do it another time."

"No. No. If they didn't come it's because they didn't want to."

Nik and I had a witch send Damon and Stefan the invitation for our wedding. The date was set for March 15. I had believed they didn't get the invitation so Nik and I had the wedding pushed a month ahead. I sent them an invitation it said the wedding was on March 27 when it was actually on March 30 but they still didn't show up. I wanted my brothers there so I pushed forward two more weeks. The invitation said April 14 when it was supposed to be on April 17 but then again they didn't show. I sent them another invitation but they aren't here. Today is May 15... my wedding day.

"I got something for you." Nik says as he pulls out a velvet rectangular box. He opens it and my mouth drops. It is the most beautiful diamond necklace I ever saw.

"It's beautiful." I said touching it memorized by its beauty and he takes it out of the box. He puts it around my neck and clips it. "I love it."

"Word is going to get back to Mikael and he'll..."

Before he can finish I cut him off. "We'll figure it out. We always figured it out." I said and he smiles. "Run or die..."

"It'll always be run." He says finishing my sentence. "Well, then I'll let you finish getting ready." Nik said as he kissed my cheek and I smiled.
(End of Flashback)

***

Present.
I woke up on the couch and I called Elijah all hysterical. He's going to do something but I have no idea what. Now I'm talking to Kol.

"I'm going to kill them. I'm going to kill every single last one of them!" I shouted through the phone.

"Ava, calm down."

"Calm down?! I am calm! This is me calm!" I shouted again. "This is all because of the doppelgänger Elena Gilbert. First I'm going to kill her. Then I'm going to burn this town to the ground. I wonder how my brothers will like this town when there's nothing left."

You don't know how many things I wanted to do but I couldn't because of my brothers... now? I'm done.

"You can do all that but first you need to let Elijah will get Nik back." Kol says trying to talk some sense into me.

"Have you met my brothers? They will never, I mean, never give Nik back just like that. They hate him."

"Elijah can be very persuasive."