48

Down the Rabbit Hole
Season 4 Episode 14

"So, how do we do this?" I asked my father.

"You have to understand that when you go back to the living you won't remember anything." He says and I looked at him confusingly.

"Nothing?" I asked and he shakes his head no. "Why did you tell me the whole story if I'm not going to remember anything?"

"Because I saw you looking for answers."

"How do I get back?"

"A witch said in order to complete the binding spell there has to be a pendant. I thought your mother would have gotten rid of it but she didn't. I saw that you have it." Sergio says and I looked at him confusingly. "Being here on the other side has its perks. Where is it?"

He's talking about the talisman my mother gave me before she died. I don't even remember where I put it.

"Don't we need a witch?"

"No, we don't. The pendant helped bind the spell and it will help unbind it in doing so bring you back to the living. We just need the pendant."

"Last I remember having it was in Europe 1891."

"1891?" Kol asks and I nodded. It was over a hundred years ago. It's not like I kept it on me at all times.

"Yeah, I don't remember."

"You have to remember where you put it, Ava. It's the only way to get back the living." Sergio says.

"Maybe Chicago." I told them. "We're were there in the twenty's."

***

(Narrator's POV)
Damon walks up to Stefan as he got off the phone with Caroline just a few minutes ago.

"What did she say?" Damon asks and Stefan doesn't say anything as he's at the verge of crying when Damon takes notice. "Stefan!"

"She's...she's..." Stefan says not able to say his sister is dead.

Damon grabs Stefan by the collar of his shirt making Stefan look at him in the eyes and says, "Tell me she's alive. T-T-Tell me she's alive, Stefan. You have to tell me she's alive."

"Damon..." He whispers lowly as tears came out of his eyes and Damon can tell what he's about to say.

"Don't say it, Stefan."

"Ava, she's..."

"Don't you dare say it." Damon says angrily gripping on to his shirt tighter and Stefan starts tearing up.

"She's dead, Damon." Stefan says and Damon pushes him away.

"No. No!" Damon shouts. "It was her, wasn't it?" He asks and Stefan stays quiet.

Damon walks away from him angrily when Stefan stops him, "Where are you going?"

"Going to talk with her." Damon says as he continues walking.

"Damon!"

"What?!" Damon snaps at his brother. "She killed our sister, Stefan. Our sister! We're over here looking for a cure that may not even exist. She's been avoiding us all day."

They get interrupted when they heard a twig break and they turn to look at Elena standing there who looks frightened. "D-D-Damon, let me explain... please."

"What is there to explain, Elena? My sister is lying dead in your living room where you killed her!" Damon angrily walks towards her.

"S-sh-she was going to kill Jeremy." Elena stutters fearfully as she has never seen Damon this enraged.