56 | Kissing him.

We are now seated inside his car, driving towards his apartment

We are now seated inside his car, driving towards his apartment. It's almost midnight now and my whole body is aching. It's an understatement that I am tired. I am exhausted. I stifle a yawn and press my head on the closed window. The heavy wind blowing outside isn't giving me permission to open the windows. It carries sand with it and I am afraid that my hairs caught some of it too. After eating we left the place, took the subway and got to his car. The idiot ate my hotdog and I made him buy me two more with fries. I can't believe he played that mean game of engaging me in talks and stole my hot dog. I never saw him doing it. He is really good. I look towards him and see him yawning before rubbing his eyes. A smile crosses my face remembering how this night turns out. 

I am still in denial that he took me to a beach. As much as I was panicking, now I am the total opposite of it. I love the time I spend with him there. My parents failed to do the thing Liam did today by taking me to the sea. I remember how I got freaked out whenever my parents or other family members planned a day out at the beach. I usually end up at home and that made them change the whole plan. I felt bad that time because I was like a bump on a highway for them but still I could never gather the courage and go with them. 

“It wasn't regretful right?” Liam asks. My eyes go to his lips the movements they make when he speaks. 

“Nope.”

“How are you feeling?” He asks, his eyes shifting towards me. 

“Good. Thanks again. After seeing it, I still can't understand my problem with water bodies though.” I say whilst looking outside the window.

“You are still afraid?”

“I don't say afraid. I mean yeah when you took me in the water I felt like I would pass out but then after I adjusted myself there, the fantastic view and the peace I got there. I felt different. You're right it was a peace offering place.” I smile at him. 

“You said something about your cousin when we were eating. What happened?” I was surprised that he heard me. I thought he was spacing out. 

“It–well my cousin from Washington came for summer holidays and everyone voted for the beach and since I had a fear. I declined but my cousins weren't taking no so they all went along with Amy and her cousins. My younger cousin and some others were jumping off a cliff. Everyone said no because the divers were experienced but he was strong headed so he went along but when his turn came, he jumped but couldn't get to the surface right when everyone did. After minutes of searching they all found him, his head hit by a rock underneath that made him unconscious on the spot. Thank god the injuries weren't much but he got so much water inside his body and after a whole week in the hospital. He was normal.” Telling all of this, brought me back the memories of that summer. My cousin's blooded head, his unconscious body, water pouring out from his nose, everyone's crying face. I shudder and erase the images. 

“So the incident triggers your fear more. That's why you don't know how to swim?” He asks.

“Yeah it definitely triggered but still the incident didn't happen with me and yet I fear. I can swim but not gracefully. I learned in fourth grade because of some stupid competition happening in school but then I stopped.”