65 | Black magic.

“So you don't know where he is?”

I shake my head and rinse the plates, putting it on the stand. I wipe my hands on the towel before looking over to a confused Daniel.

“He left you alone?” Daniel drawls as if this time my answer would change.

“Yes.” I sigh. 

He looks deep in thought, a frown etching on his mouth. When Liam had stormed out of his apartment, a few minutes later Daniel stepped in. I was stuck on the couch and didn't even hear him until he spoke. I was so occupied in my thoughts when he said my name, Snow White. I heard it Rose. I literally thought Liam came back until found the blonde. On asking about Liam I had told him he left and Daniel didn't quite digest the fact. I didn't say more and came into the kitchen to wash our used plate when I found Daniel following me. 

By the look on his face I can tell he knows where Liam went but I know on asking he won't say anything. “Um okay that's weird though. I thought...” he trails off and I brush past him with the cloth. I walk towards the hall and rub their table which has pasta sauce stain. I, in my opinion, have managed to clean their hall. I know I am weird but I couldn't help it. I was angry, well not exactly angry but I needed a distraction from what happened between Liam and I a few minutes ago. I grab the cleaner and clean their hall. Cleaning stuffs did help me in diverting my mind but Daniel asking about Liam's whereabouts brings me back to what I was running from. 

“You know, you don't have to do that.” Daniel says. 

“It's kinda my mess so yeah I have to.”

“Sure it is. A girl who is cleaning left a trail of dirt before only to clean it after. I see the logic in there.” Daniel says, sarcasm dripping from his tone. 

I sigh. “Daniel, is there something you wanted to say?” I clearly ask him this time. For no reason, he wasn't following me around.

“I–” he pauses only to continue, which I know is a lie. “Just making sure that you aren't our maid okay. You're Liam's friend so act like one instead of cleaning around our apartment. I appreciate it but I will appreciate it more if you put that cloth down.” I haven't absorbed what he said after he used that friend word. Something in me triggers and the next second I find myself in the kitchen, dumping the cloth and running away to the bathroom with my bag. 

I breathe heavily and stare at my reflection as my mind repeats Liam's words. Friend? What exactly did he even mean by that? How can we even be friends when our days end up with kissing each other or wrapped up in each other's arms. Not kissing, intense kissing to be specific. It's so wrong, so wrong to label us like friends when we do that. It's not what friends do. Drake is my friend but did I ever kiss him? Did I ever let him touch me like I allowed Liam? Did he try to make me sit on his lap or say the word that no friend in their right set of their mind would say to each other. Heck no. I get it. I get it. There isn't any reasonable word for what Liam and I are but he could have omitted the friend everytime he decided to address us as one.