Chapter 14

After recuperating for several days in the serving quarter, The Blind Concubine's sickness gradually took a turn for the better.

But there was still a trace of weariness on his face, under his eyes were slightly tarnished.

The Emperor came over to visit each and every day after he finished his morning court, fed him his medicine, porridge and once in a while would preach to him.

Xiao Bao did not dare to say much words. Could only stare at the tips of his feet and stood silently to the side.

The Little Prince also came to visit every day. Telling the stories of the Palace to divert The Blind Concubine from his boredom. This child, everyday no one knew where he usually went off to play, his shoes always carried in the faint scent of earth.

The Blind Concubine liked the Little Prince, whenever Rui Ze endlessly chattered and talked with his noisy voice, he would lean on the bedpost, laughing while listening.

Xiao Bao often complained and said that the little rice dumpling was being too noisy, that he might disturb his Master's resting time.

The Blind Concubine would laugh at him, "Our place here is too quiet. Upon the visit of the Little Prince, it becomes so lively."

Rui Ze turned to face Xiao Bao and stuck out his tongue at him.

General Qi also came to visit, two times.

He brought home the many days hadn't been seen Yu Li in his arm.

The Blind Concubine both surprised and happy, took over from Qi Sheng's hands his precious cat that was meowing and firmly trapped it in his embrace. Seemingly he hated so much to part with it.

Qi Sheng with his laughing tone said: "I know that you love her so much. After looking for a long time inside the Palace, found her and caught her."

The Blind Concubine replied: "Yu Li is very naughty, must have been hard to catch her."

Qi Sheng's face became slightly red, he rubbed his nose while saying, "Very true. Indeed it took lots of effort and energy."

Yu Li meowed and innocently blinked her penetrating sparkling like crystal cat's eyes.

The Blind Concubine affectionately propped her up and rubbed her nose against the tip of his nose, "You... You have troubled the General."

When Qi Sheng was about to leave, the Blind Concubine lifted up his quilt, wanted to get down from the bed to walk him out.

Qi Sheng immediately stopped him: "You just go back to rest, this way your illness will get better soon."

The Blind Concubine shook his head, he insisted: "I have been lying on the bed for several days already, my body is all stiff, and my bones feel like they can't be moved anymore. Walking for a while is good."

Together with Qi Sheng, he walked out until the gate of the serving quarter.

From the outside, the evening wind was blowing with a spell of cold air.

"General... If I have some problems that need General's help....." The Blind Concubine's light voice was fusing in the wind, "General can promise to help me?"

Qi Sheng answered him: "If it is within my ability, certainly I will be most grateful to be your help."

The Blind Concubine smiled slightly. He had been sick, all the more it made his already so thin body become thinner. His thin body seemed like it was swaying lightly. And his eye bags had become more obvious.

"I..... In that case, I will thank you in advance."

------

"Master, tomorrow is the Dragon Boat Festival's day." Xiao Bao entered while holding a water melon. "The Palace is going to hold a grand banquet to celebrate."