Chapter 16

The Blind Concubine woke up very late the next day.

After the sun already leant from the middle, slowly, little by little he opened his eyes. Intense aching could be felt from his waist, his bones felt like they were broken all over, his lips were also bitten to the point that his lip's skin were slightly split opened.

There was a fresh newly changed bed-mattress under his body. His body also had been washed and wiped clean, the medicine was smeared on his wounds.

When the Palace Servants were serving him by doing all of these things, he didn't even have the slightest awareness. From head to toe, his body was crying out in pain. The sharp pain from his rear entrance was unbearably painful. He couldn't even make the slightest movements.

The fragrance from the scenting furnace had been changed to another kind of elegant and pleasantly thin fragrant. The Blind Concubine closed his eyes, for a while, he laughed at himself.

Last night, he didn't know why but all of a sudden he recalled all the matters from many years ago. Perhaps it was caused by the too intense pain that aroused the agony which had been buried in the deepest of his memory. The pain was excessive and violent, by only remembering it, it had already pulverized him, he didn't want to recall that kind of memory anymore.

He reclined on the bed, from all over his chest, black and blue marks could be seen, he also couldn't raise his arms, his eyes were blank, without any wave or ripple.

By the noontime, the Emperor returned to the Royal Chamber, walked to the bed, and intimately kissed the Blind Concubine on his lips. : "Woken up?"

Nodding his head, the Blind Concubine asked the Emperor, "Your Majesty, about last night, were you content? Can you enjoy yourself to the fullest?"

The Emperor answered him: "Regarding that, of course I did."

The Blind Concubine hung his eyelids. "May I return now?"

The Emperor knitted his brows, "Return to where?"

"Return to the serving quarter. I slept here, it will attract attention and be hard to avoid any gossip, if there are many people who found out about this, it also won't be good for Your Majesty's reputation."

The Emperor raised one of his brows: "Who dares to say anything?" he bent down and spoke softly to comfort him: " 'I' let you stay here, you can peacefully stay, later 'I'will call Xiao Bao to come and accompany you."

The Blind Concubine lightly laughed, "Thank you Your Majesty."

The Emperor slowly caressed the Blind Concubine's thin and slender pale fingers, "Do not address me as an Emperor, just call my name, alright?"

The Blind Concubine blinked his eyes, "I dare not."

The Emperor cupped the Blind Concubine's hand and kissed the center of his palm, "I cherish you and want the best for you. I also want you to treat me differently, better than you treat the others. Call out my name, Rui Xuan."

He was so sincere in what he said, his pupils' light contained the calm of a deep water pond. He clamped his mouth and quietly waited. The words he said were touching to the point of hurting, The Blind Concubine moved his mouth, very slowly as he started to spill out the words: "Rui....Xuan."

The Emperor seemingly very delighted, lovingly kissed his palm again, "Good."

The Blind Concubine hung his eyes even deeper, his long and thick eyelashes covered his eyes. He had thought about hundred thousands of flowery intimate words to ingratiate himself with the Emperor, but now, upon the Emperor's sincere words, he had nothing to say in response.