Chapter 17

He was bedridden for a full day, afterwards, the Blind Concubine and the Emperor, with each passing day had become more intimate.

The Emperor would stay and treat him like his beloved person. Not even caring to avoid any suspicion in front of the Palace's servants.

Every day, they would eat together and read together.

The Blind Concubine could see nothing, the Emperor would read out loud for him to listen.

Once in a while, they would enjoy the beautiful moon from the front yard while rowing in a small boat to the middle of the lotus pond.

The Blind Concubine's body was weak and feeble. The Imperial physician wrote a prescription to build his health by taking nourishing foods. Two times a day. Slightly bitter.

The Blind Concubine unhappily drank the herbal medicine. He complained: "I have passed through many years without having the need to take any medicine and I am still fine. Nowadays, why should I suffer this kind of hardship?"

The Emperor patiently told him: "You have promised me to be with me for the rest of your life. If you stay like this, how can you fulfill your promise to be with me forever?"

The Blind Concubine said nothing to refute, he obediently drank down the herbal medicine bit by bit.

The Emperor put a block of crystal sugar into his mouth.

"During 'my' childhood, my temper was bad and surly. Often I cried and stirred up trouble for hours because I didn't dare to drink the medicine. The Great Empress would use crystal sugar to coax 'me'."

The Blind Concubine said to him: "Compassion is the heart of all parents in the world. The Great Empress extremely loved Your Majesty."

The Emperor bent down his body and lightly rubbed his eyebrows. His eyes were like the abyss of a deep pond. "You have to treasure yourself, don't ever let my heart hurt for you."

The Blind Concubine hung down his eyelids. Replying softly: "Yes, Rui Xuan."

------

Today, the sun was shining rather gently. The Blind Concubine was being helped by Xiao Bao to go and sit in the Imperial Garden.

The Little Prince was also in the Imperial Garden, by his back, several of the Palace's servants dressed in identical robe followed him.

He sat on the stone bench by the Blind Concubine's side. He quickly ordered two little palace maidens to step forward and keep them cool with the big fans. He carried in both his hands all kinds of sweets, which had been arranged by the Palace's Servant.

Xiao Bao sucked on his own tongue: "Such ostentation and extravagance."

Rui Ze with his clear voice, like the voice of a child while reading out loud, said to the Palace's servants: "The Blind Concubine has resided in the Imperial Palace, he could be counted as half a Master already, you lots may not ignore him, understand?"

The Palace's servants were nodding their heads obediently albeit a little bit confused.

Rui Ze added more: "His Grace's eyes can't see anything; you all can't do without adding more of your attention to take care of him.  Do not make things more difficult for His Grace, understand?"

The Palace's servants had to nod for another answer.

The Blind Concubine was unable to hold in his laughter, "I have made the Little Prince become troubled and anxious."

Rui Ze put his little hands behind his back, held up his round and circular face, then said: "It's only natural."

Qi Sheng strode into the Imperial Garden, he didn't wear his government official's robe today.  Only wore a dark colored brocaded robe. On his waist, he fastened a jade belt, matching perfectly with his sword. His features were outstandingly handsome.