Chapter 23

All of a sudden, The Blind Concubine felt like he had been enclosed by strong thunder, dumbfounded him on the spot. After a long while, tears slowly flowed down. Shrieking loudly exhausted and hoarsen his voice.

Xiao Bao didn't know what to do, he only hugged him tightly.

The Blind Concubine's heart was hurt like being twisted by a knife. Tears were dripping nonstop. He buried his head in Xiao Bao's waist and burst out into a heart-breaking cry.

Jue Yu collected the scattered on the floor cake, wrapping it in his handkerchief. He also took the carved food box on the table, without saying a single word he walked out.

The young Monarch was writing in the Imperial Study. Suddenly, a Palace's servant hurriedly came to report, saying something happened at the serving quarter.

The Emperor's writing brush paused, he lifted his eyes from the writing: "What did you say?"

The Palace's servant knelt down while trembling in fear: "It was the news coming from young Master Jue Yu, your servant dare not to ignore, immediately I rushed over to inform. According to the news, The Little Prince was also present at that place at that time. He was startled. Already he was brought back to his Palace by his wet nurse."

The Emperor pinched the writing brush so hard to the point his fingertips which held the writing brush turned white, "Recently, why did trouble happen one after another." There was a faint anger in his speech.

The Palace's servant who witnessed the unhappy mood of the Emperor, hastily lowered his head, he dared not to utter another word.

The Emperor strode with large steps to the serving quarter and entered the room. The Blind Concubine's pair of eyes were distorted, laying prone on the bedside, his withered hair was scattered, his eyes had become swollen from crying hard, sobbing and unable to make a complete sound.

Only a single glance could already make people's heart sting with pain.

The young Monarch bent his body, gently touched the Blind Concubine's brows and eyes with his lips.

The Blind Concubine didn't move at all, as if he no longer possessed any senses. Even his breathing spell had become so light and mild.

The Emperor pursed his lips, slowly he spoke: "I don't blame you anymore, for everything that had happened, I won't blame you anymore. You don't be like this."

The Blind Concubine gritted his teeth, shut his eyes, and said: "You go away!!"

The Emperor was startled: "What?!"

"I don't want to see you anymore! You go away!!"

The Emperor's face became cold and rigid, gritted his teeth in anger: "You actually wanted to torment me, tormenting your own self for how long so that you could be contented?!"

The Blind Concubine struggled to pull apart from the Emperor's hand, still with his choked by sobs voice he said: "Because of you..... even a peaceful life....... unwilling to give......" His throat was terribly hoarsened. His words were unable to complete his speech.

Jue Yu lifted the curtain and entered the room. His face was calm and quiet. Putting the carved food box on the table.

Xiao Bao busily stepped forward: "Have you found out anything?"

Jue Yu's eyes lightly swept past The Blind Concubine who was laying on the bed, said: "Let's go outside to talk."

The three of them lifted the curtain and walked out the room.

Jue Yu told them: "The poison was in the cake, all the food inside the box was mixed with the poison, it wasn't really only in the sweet-scented Osmanthus cake."