Chapter 15

Today, at dusk, Xiao Bao was feeding Yu Li with her usual mixed cat food.

The Blind Concubine came out from his room, then asked: "Do we have wine stored in our house?"

After thinking for a while, Xiao Bao answered him: "During the Dragon Boat's Festival, General Qi sent people to deliver wine. Master, why do you ask this?"

The Blind Concubine pursed his lips, eyes downcast and directed on the floor, "Not for a special purpose, just suddenly had the urge to drink a cup or two of wine."

Xiao Bao laughed at him: "How strange, Master has never even once drunk wine before."

The Blind Concubine's face slightly blushed, twisting both of his hands together tautly.

Xiao Bao told him: "Master, wait here, I will go and get it."

Not long after, he came back while holding a small but exquisite wine bottle then put it on the table.

The Blind Concubine groped about until he touched the wine bottle, he grabbed it tightly in his embrace then he quickly went towards the outside of the gate.

Xiao Bao surprised and stupefied: "Master, you want to go out?"

The Blind Concubine turned his head and hastily voiced out an "Mm!" sound. Quickened his steps, he strode out to the outer part of the yard.

Xiao Bao shouted from the front door: "Where are you going to, Master? After I feed the cat, I will go with you!"

The Blind Concubine quickly refused him: "I want to drink alone. You don't have to worry. No need for you to come with me."

"Master, be careful on your way....." Xiao Bao hadn't finished what he wanted to say, The Blind Concubine already strode out alone to the outside of the yard then disappeared behind the black curtain of night.

---------------

The Emperor was in the Imperial Garden, drinking with snacks. Unexpectedly, he caught a sight of someone's figure approaching from afar towards his direction.

He couldn't help but to be slightly surprised: Why is he coming to this place at this hour?

The Blind Concubine who was hugging the wine bottle arrived at the place that was not far from the Emperor. Groping wildly, he tried to find the stone table and bench the he could remember from his memory.

The Emperor quickly stood up, he held the Blind Concubine's shoulder from in front.

Upon the sudden warmth that came in contact with him, The Blind Concubine was startled greatly, the wine bottle that he had been holding nearly slipped from his hand.

"Why do you come here all alone, even without Xiao Bao to accompany you?"

"It was I who asked him not to come with me", The Blind Concubine's eyes were glistening for a moment, "I heard from the Little Prince, he said that you often come here to drink, so, I wanted to find you to have a drink together."

The Emperor laughed: "Don't take all of Rui Ze's honest words too seriously."

The Blind Concubine looked down, "It is I whose being too blunt, I decided it myself to come and find you....."

"No, you are not", The Emperor took the Blind Concubine's hand, led him to sit on the stone bench, "What's the point of drinking alone, two people, drinking and chatting, then it will become more delightful."

The Blind Concubine lifted his cup of wine, slowly, he brought that cup of wine to his mouth, considering for a while, he held his sleeve then gulped down all of its contents.