Chapter 28

Entering the late summer, the weather had become hotter.

The Blind Concubine sat on the serving quarter's soft divan. His head leaned on the pillar. His eyes were slightly closed.

Since the last time Jue Yu came to visit, half a month had passed. Since Xiao Bao had left the Palace, also had been half a month.

That child was brought out to the Palace without having the chance to bid his farewell. He went just like that. They even hadn't the chance to meet for the very last time. Whatever wellbeing-wish he wanted to say, now he no longer had the chance to say it anymore. He couldn't part with Xiao Bao, he couldn't part with the child who accompanied him for seven years. Nevertheless, he had to harden his heart in the end.

Didn't know whether or not that child would hate him. Whether he would nag at Jue Yu. Also he didn't know, if he had had a good sleep during the journey. Now he actually had sent him out to the outer world safe and sound.

In this lifetime, he would never see that child anymore.

------

In the middle of July, the heat was great. His appetite was not good at all. Couldn't eat anything. He even couldn't gulp down the porridge. The Palace's servants who served him in the serving quarter, all were frightened to death. All of them knelt down and begged him to eat something. He endured the urge to vomit and swallowed the food. The more he ate, the more he suffered. Finally he threw up. Vomited on the quilt and on the bed and made them dirty.

The Blind Concubine's body, by each passing day had become more and more thinner. The Emperor couldn't help but feel very worried.

The Imperial Physician didn't dare to give him much prescription. Everyday only letting the Palace's servants to decoct medicinal porridge mixed with lotus seed and honey as his supplement to compromise his Qi and blood circulation.

The Blind Concubine reclined on the soft divan, once he reclined, it would be for the whole day. This soft divan was the same divan they brought along when they moved out from the Cold Palace. Xiao Bao ever seated on it, Yu Li ever leaned on it, but at the present, remained him alone to use it.

When the sun had inclined, the Palace's servants would move the soft divan to the yard, placed it under a shady tree. The Blind Concubine when he was reclined outside would feel as if he went back to the little yard at the Cold Palace. Xiao Bao sat on the rattan chair not far from him, Yu Li laid prone by his side, he only needed to stretch his hand a little, he could already touch the slippery and smooth fur of Yu Li.

He recalled only those memories, the memories which put himself behind the screen, with each particular display it would absorb his already weak strength to live on.

The Emperor would come to accompany The Blind Concubine straight after court. To the point he handled the government affairs along with other affairs from the serving quarter. Whenever The Blind Concubine laid on the soft divan, he would surely let The Blind Concubine to rest his head on his lap, to make him more comfortable.

He talked to The Blind Concubine, The Blind Concubine would close his eyes. Once in a while he would give a "hm" sound as a response, not knowing if he was actually listening or not.

The Emperor hugged The Blind Concubine, lowered his body, with his lips he touched the Blind Concubine's forehead, "What do you want me to do so you would be able to forgive me?"

The situation with The Blind Concubine didn't improve at all, the Young Monarch's expectation had already grown smaller.

He loved Wen Mu Yan, yet Wen Mu Yan hated him.