Chapter 25

In the Capital, there was a family with the surname Wen. The Wen family was a well-off family. From generation to generation, they passed down their medicinal skills. The best doctors with perfect skills. In the Capital, their reputation was very well known. The head of the Wen family, Master Wen Wen's medical skills were brilliant. He helped the sick people. In addition, he was modest and amiable towards others. Furthermore, he held his morality to the utmost.

In his middle age, Wen Wen had another son. Naturally he would love and adore his son with every core of his life. The youngest son was named Wen Mu Yan. To be born with fair and clear skin, agreeable with his round and bright eyes, he would laugh whenever he saw someone. Everyone in the family, without exception, would hold him carefully in the center of their palm.

Day by day, Wen Mu Yan grew bigger and bigger. His face was exquisitely soft and fair. He had a lively as well as an innocent disposition. His docile way of speaking made him very lovable. It was as if he was made of a blended honey and syrup's child, a very sweet child. The Wen family, from the elderlies to the young ones, there was no one who didn't love him.

In a blink of an eye, Wen Mu Yan had come to his flourishing period, the age between a child and an immature age of a youth. His eyes were limpid and clear as the crystal, it was like the magnificent water of the autumn lake. His body was donned in the best quality of silk material. A jade ornament hung from his waist. A great Young Master from a wealthy family.

One day, in the winter, the Emperor had suddenly fallen to an acute disease. The illness was very serious. The state of life or death was still unknown. The Imperial Physicians in the Palace, all of them were already at a loss of what to do. All of the courtiers had used up all of their ideas, but there was nothing that could be put to good use. Then there was a high official who suggested to them to recruit the famous doctors from the Capital to enter the Palace and help them examine the Emperor and to medically treat him. Who knows, probably, there would be a thread of hope for an opportunity to live on for the Emperor.

It was on a great snowing day, the Wen family residence entrance was being knocked on by some people. The Master of the Wen Family heard the intention of the officials who came, he had no way to decline their wish, thereupon, he agreed to go with the officials to enter the Palace. Wen Mu Yan was standing by his father's side, he also wanted to go together. Because his father had always spoiled him with his utmost love, he had always followed his father closely, whenever his father went to examine his patients, he always brought him to tag along by his side.

Wen Wen spread and held the umbrella, Wen Mu Yan carried the medical kit. Both father and son entered the Imperial Palace on the day when the whole sky was filled with snow as far as one's eyes could see.

The Emperor's illness, as each day passed by, became more and more heavy. The old injuries which accumulated from many years ago had also shown their effects. Day by day, the Emperor was thinning down, his spirit had been broken as well. All the famous doctors from the Capital had known that the Emperor's illness had hit its critical point. It had already spread to all over his body and the marrow cavity of his bones. There was no way to reverse the desperate situation anymore, however, they had no choice but to routinely do the acupuncture and decoct the medicinal herbs every day to extend the life of the Emperor.

Since the day they entered the Palace, half a month had passed.

Wen Mu Yan and his father lived together in a residence which was not too far from the Imperial Pharmacy. He was still a youth, every day he only stayed inside the room to read books, once in a while he would play in a place near the Palace.

One day, the half month which was filled with snowing finally ended. The hard to see sun finally appeared. Its brightness of golden light shone upon the soft hair-tip of the youth.