Chapter 26

The Emperor came by himself to the serving quarter, lifted the curtain and entered the room.

The Blind Concubine was reclining by the edge of the bed. His arm was hanging low as if broken. His face bared a dejected expression.

The Emperor secured him in his bosom. With his arms he held him tightly. Said in a mutter: "Mu Yan, I have wronged you."

It was seven years too late, this flat apology.

The Blind Concubine remained in his stillness. His lips quivered for a while, "This was the matter of past events, Your Majesty needn't be concerned."

The Emperor hurriedly lifted his head, "You have been loathing me, for many years, holding in your hatred, isn't that right?"

The Blind Concubine coldly pushed the Emperor to pry open his embrace, "In any case, I wouldn't be able to go back to my original state. What's the point of talking about it?"

The Emperor couldn't say a word. His hands remained in the tight embrace, unwilling to let go.

"The jade hairpin that I gave you, why don't you put it in?"

The Blind Concubine lightly answered him: "Not used to wearing it, I casted it aside."

The Emperor lowered his head, after a while, he raised his head again, "Whatever you are used to handling, I will order people to make it and bring it here."

The Blind Concubine shook his head, "Whatever is in the Palace, I can't get used to. I don't want to stay here."

The Emperor's expression slightly changed: "You may not go out of the Palace, I will never let you go."

The Blind Concubine closed his eyes, there was a trace of despair on his face.

The Emperor couldn't bear to see him like that, "I am sincere towards you. From now on, I will always protect you. Shield you. I will not let anyone to hurt you anymore."

The Blind Concubine sat silently, his weak and delicate body shivered with cold.

The Emperor's lips gently touched his icy cold cheek. Slowly he said: "You... will you forgive me?"

The Blind Concubine, upon hearing what the Emperor had said, laughed in grief, "Will not! Even if I have to die, I will not forgive you!"

His voice was squeezed out from the space between his teeth. Mustering all his strength.

The Emperor didn't say anything, just kept on embracing him, unwilling to let him go.

Before leaving, with a more serious manner of speaking: "I will never let you go. For all eternity."

The Blind Concubine was paralyzed on the bedside. His face was without any reaction. Only his nails were sunken deeply into his flesh, the center of his palm now bled.

After the Emperor left, Xiao Bao hurriedly entered, saying: "Master don't be angry at the Emperor again. You are suffering for nothing."

The Blind Concubine slowly slipped onto the bed, gradually he let out laughter, "I don't feel anything like suffering or not. That time I had suffered the utmost pain. Now, I can't feel such a feeling anymore."

The next day, The Emperor came to the serving quarter again. The Blind Concubine climbed down the bed. He groped wildly beside the table to try to find the teapot.

The Emperor stepped forward and helped him get the tea, he passed it over to in front of him, "Careful, it is very hot."

The Blind Concubine upon hearing the Emperor's voice, his whole body turned rigid. His arms slowly hanged down.