chapter one

an// lowercase is intended cause i'm to lazy to actually do uppercase soo yea but idk enjoy?
———————————————————
she was bringing her daughter, kaylenna, to her first ever dance class. kaylenna had been begging her mother for weeks upon weeks to go to a dance class cause she loved watching her mother old dance videos. so kaycee of course signed her up for one. kaylenna has always be one to beg for something than hate it once she starts so kaycee only payed for one class to see if she would like it.

she pulled up to the dance studio that had good reviews the name was "lew studios". she walked in with kaylenna in her arms. she walked up to the counter, set kaylenna down & took in the atmosphere. she missed the smell of hard wood floors & fresh air conditioning. she was greeted by a girl older than her telling her to sign in her daughters name & write down her number in case of a medical emergency in case kaycee left. which she wasn't planning on doing cause she wanted to watch her daughters first lesson!

she signed in & watched kaylenna stand by her side being polite, while every other kid was running around causing chaos. kaycee knew she was blessed when it came to kaylenna's personality, a sweet, kind, very polite, & sometimes shy little girl. she was 5 & had the manners of a 8 year old. which kaycee always gave herself a pat on the back for.

kaycee had kaylenna when she was 19. with her boyfriend at the time, gabe, she knew it was an accident & gabe wanted her to give up the baby. that's where kaycee gave up on gabe & kept kaylenna. kaycee knew that if she got pregnant it was for a reason. she would never give up a child that she made. she was proud. a little upset. but she would never take away a life that has not lived yet. she kept the baby & lived her life. her family supported her unconditionally. which she was so happy about. her family knew she was ready because of the way she acts with her nephews, jaxon & carson, which were devon's handsom little fellas. she would always be so good with them. by the time they were born she was so so so protective of them.

so her family knew she could do it so they supported her. they got confused when she told them that gabe wasn't going to be apart of the baby's life because, well he was the father. but when she told them that he wanted to kill the baby. they knew she made the right choice by breaking up with him & never being apart of the baby's life.

gabe has tried to come back into her life. but she was strong without him & she knew he would be a shit of a father so she didn't care about him not being there.

kaylenna took the last name of rice. to make her life easier. & it sounded better. kaylenna jordan rice. kaycee gave kaylenna her sister, kylie's middle name. because her sister was her biggest supporter through it all & she couldn't have done it without her.

going back to the class kaycee & kaylenna just waited for the class to start since they were 10 minutes early. which they didn't mind. kaycee hated being late. so she was used to it.

when the class was called in kaycee saw kaylenna hesitate & get nervous. she could tell being she was playing with her hair. a habit she picked up from her mother. "len, you don't have to be nervous okay? i'm right here if you need me ask your instructor & they will take you out to me okay?", kaycee said to kaylenna trying to calm her nerves. all kaylenna did was continue playing with her long, curly, dark hair that was half-up half-down. a way kaycee loved to style it. but kaylenna nodded & walked into the dance studio.

kaycee was so excited that she was finally taking her first class. but she was also nervous because she wanted her to love dancing as much as she did. she didn't do it as much anymore since she had kaylenna. but she did it every once & a while, when kylie & or tahani, her best friend & godmother of kaylenn, watched her for the day. so she would go to some classes. but not as much as she would like. so she hoped that len would love it as much as she did.

the class was about 45 minutes long. it was a short routine & the kids picked it up well. & the parents & or care takers were called into the studio to watch them perform.

as they were called in kaycee automatically saw kaylenna talking to a young girl about her age maybe older. & they were laughing. her heart fluttered at the sight. kaylenna actually made a friend. & she couldn't be more proud.

the first group was called out & it was around 7 kids. kaylenna & her new friend being two of them. kaycee cheered on kaylenna, while kaylenna just smiled & focused at the task on hand. kaycee chuckled to herself & she watched the determination on kaylenna's face, something that kaycee knew she gave to her.

kaycee watched kaylenna in awe. kaylenna did amazing for a 5 year old & it being her first class. she couldn't have been more proud. kaylenna was so happy while dancing, she lit up the whole room. kaycee cheered her on & watched her blush when the music stopped & everyone started clapping. kaylenna ran over to kaycee & gave her the biggest hug. kaylenna whispered in kaycee's ear, "thank you so much for bringing me here, mommy! i had so so soooooo much fun! i want to take another! pleaseeee". kaycee giggled & nodded to kaylenna's beg & watched as kaylenna jumped up & down & squealed. kaylenna ran to her friend &  told her she was going to another class. she watched as kaylenna & her friend were squealing & jumping up & down at the news.

kaylenna's friends mom came up to kaycee & introduced herself. "hi, i'm jade! my daughter is the one squealing with yours over there in the corner", jade said while giggling, " i thought i should introduce myself because they seemed to be getting along quite well!". kaycee was so happy they kaylenna made a friend so she happily accepted the greeting. & introduced herself as well, "i'm kaycee, kaylenna's mother, i'm so happy she made a friend! this is her first class & i thought she was going to be a nervous wreck because she is always so shy. but i'm happy she stepped lit her comfort zone." "i know right. ailina isn't one to talk to others aswell! haha. but why don't we exchange numbers so those two can have play dates some time!", jade suggested & kaycee happily gave jade her number & bid their goodbyes. they two young girls were already inseparable. but somehow got they detached.

"i'm so proud of you, butterfly. you did so good put there. where did you get those moves from? hmm?", kaycee asked while wiggling her eyebrows with a smirk on her face towards her daughter. kaylenna just giggled & said "duhhh, they are from you mommy. where else would i get them from!". kaylenna jumped into kaycee's arms & giggled the whole way back to the lobby.

kaycee was stopped by the instructor on the way out to the lobby. kaycee turned around & saw the instructor. this was the first time she payed any attention. he was tall. slightly muscular, nothing to crazy but a nice amount. sleek het black hair, messed up a bit from dancing & running around with little kids. dark eyes, that were intriguing just by a glance. & a smile that was so bright. & the cutest dimples she has ever seen.

he approached her & asked, "hi, i'm sorry to interrupt. my name is sean. i was the instructor for the class your daughter took today. i just wanted to have a word with you if thats okay?". sean asked with such gentleness she couldn't say no. so she happily accepted & set kaylenna down to the ground & told her to have fun & just dance around for a little while she talked to him. so kaylenna did so.