chapter twenty-two

half-way through the ambulance ride sean lightly squeezes kaycee's hand, not wanting to hurt her, but she doesn't feel it. sean lets out a sob & kaycee quickly whips her head to look at him.

"baby, why didn't you squeeze?" she asks & he gives her a light squeeze to signal he did. "baby, i'm not going to break. you can squeeze harder than that. okay." she tells him & he nods.

not even two minutes after the EMT move his hip a certain way & he squeezes hard on kaycee hand.

"that hurt him. quite a bit." kaycee informs them. they mutter a thanks & go to the next section to see what hurts him again.

he gives light squeezes when they move his knee & just upper leg. & she tells them is slight pain. they barely touch his ankle & he squeezes hard.

"sir, please don't." she tells the EMT & he gives her a confused glance. "you barely touched him & he is in pain. he squeezed my hand really harshly." he nods.

"ma'am i have to lift his ankle. so he is going to have go handle it. just trying to help him." the EMT says & sean shakes his head no. the EMT sees & he sighs. "we will do the rest of the inspection when he is on meds." he tells kaycee & she thanks him.

they get to the hospital & they get straight to a room. but they don't let kaycee in.

"no, no, no! thats my boyfriend! i need to be in there with him! please!" she starts crying. the people pushing sean stop & ask sean he nods & she gets to go back with them. "thank you" she says to the woman who asked sean. she waves it off.

they push him into a room & put him on pain meds. after about 30 minutes of letting the meds settle the doctor comes in.

"mr.lew, i am doctor mccolin. so what happened?" he says to sean & sean starts to explain.

the doctor continues to nod while kaycee is holding his hand squeezing every now & then to remind him he is doing good.

"okay. well i want to get an x-ray if that is alright with you guys." he tells us & sean nods so kaycee nods along with him. "okay so i need you to change into this. it is a different gown for the machine. so if you could help him," he trails off asking for kaycee's name.

"kaycee, my name is kaycee. & yes i will help him no worries. thanks doctor mccolin." she says to him & he nods. he hands her the gown & leaves the room.

kaycee turns around & starts helping sean into the gown.

after 5 minutes of struggling to get him into the gown. they finally did it. they ring the button & the nurse comes in & takes him to get the x-ray.

"i will stay here if need be" kaycee says & the nurse waves her off.

"come along. you don't need to stay in here alone." the nurse says & a wide smile appears on kaycee's face. she follows them to the x-ray room & they get them done. making sean sit in awkward & uncomfortable positions.

once done they come back to the hospital room & wait for the results.

after 20 minutes the doctor comes in.

"okay mr.lew. you have done a number yo yourself. first off you broke your ankle." the doctor starts off with & sean groans & throws his head back onto the pillow. "you have also got a hairline fracture on your tibia, vertically, hence why it hurts to touch your shin." the doctor continues & sean is rubbing his eyes & groaning out of frustration. "& i'm not done. you really pulled stuff. you also severely bruised your hip, internally. thats why it hurt when the EMT touched it. but other than that you are good. so we will get you a cast for your ankle. & we will get you a brace for your leg so you can't move it so the fracture can't get worse. you will be using crutches for a while though so get used to that." the doctor finally finished & sean is completely frustrated.

"uhm. doctor mccolin. how long am i going to have all this for?" he asks & the doctor contemplates.

"the brace maybe a 2 weeks & the cast 6-8 weeks." the doctor says. sean groans loudly. & whispers curse word under his breath.

"thanks doc." kaycee says & he nods.

"i will be back in 15 minutes" he says & she nods. once he has left sean starts crying.

"i can't have this shit for fucking 8 weeks, baby. i just can't fucking do it. i have classes to teach. i have a damn studio to run. & having this isn't going to fucking help" he says while sobbing. kaycee sit on the bed & lays next to him & he cries into her chest.

"shhh shhh. i can help, bubba. i will teach classes & i will help run the studio. okay?" she tells him. he looks up & her a gives a small smile.

"you would do that, baby?" he asks. & she nods.

"of course. i did ballet, tap, contemporary & hip hop. aka all the classes you teach. don't worry, love." she reassures him. he nods & lays his head back onto her chest.

the doctor comes in & puts the cast on his ankle. & puts on his brace.

"okay. so miss kaycee if you could sign this so we can get him out of here that will be great. i will call next week & see how everything is. but in 2 weeks you will back in here to see how your tibia is doing." the doctor says & sean & kaycee nod. kaycee signs the paperwork & they dismiss sean.

luckily serris had just gotten to the hospital to pick them up. kaycee went to the front & pulled the seat all the way up & laid it all the way back so sean could rest his leg. kaycee sat in the middle next to kaylenna & sean seated next to her.
—————————————————————an// yep shitty chapter sorry. but mhm. here you go. okay bye.💕