Apologizing & A Big Problem

"Mother what's happening outside, the people, the fires" a petrified young girl says with her battle uniform still on.

"Shh, stay close Calliope" Lysandra says trying to calm down Calliope.

"I know you're scared, Calliope." y-n says knowing the child's fear. "But I will protect you both, until Atreus can find us.

"I know that you will protect us, y-n and Atreus." Lysandra says with her fear hidden behind a proud face.

Meanwhile a young archer reaches the temple of Athena but outside the small temples he sees alot of people being murdered. However, what really caught his attention was his greek father about to enter the biggest temple but was stopped by the village oracle. She said to not go inside but the spartan general ignored her, push aside and kicked the door open.

"NO!" Atreus yells while running as fast as he could to stop his father.

As the marked warrior began to kill people he could see he never knew that his wife and child were in there. His weapon got blocked by a sword that shines blue in the rising moonlight, y-n knew the risks of protecting those you love. Still unaware of his actions Kratos struck y-n through her left hand and hit her in the head with the hilt. He turned and was about to kill his two final victims while Calliope and Lysandra prepared for the worst.

But this scene would change everything, Atreus deflected Kartos's attack with his shield. After he lost his balance, Atreus used his shield to hit Kratos in the face to knock him out for a little while. Atreus began to turn around to see if his greek family was ok and not injured from his almost deadly attack. Lysandra ripped part of her garb to bandage y-n's injured hand as Calliope ran to hug her half-brother tightly.

"Calliope, Lysandra are you both ok" Atreus says as Calliope's strong hug wasn't letting up.

"Atreus, thank you so much for saving us from father." Calliope says with a soft cry of joy.

"Yes Atreus, thank you. Both of you." Lysandra says and Atreus doesn't say anything. He accepts the embrace with campassion about saving his other family and another reason is that he can't breath to the girl strong hug that she's giving him.

Atreus began to turn blue and says, "I... need... air..." and little girl let him go to get some air literally.

"oh oops, um sorry about that" Calliope says with a giggle.

Y-n's hand was burning and the oracle lead the young woman yo a bowl filled with ice cold water.

"That was extremely brave of you both. To do something that incredible." Lysandra says then looks at Kartos's unconscious body. "My beloved? Why? Would you do something like this, why?"

"Lysandra... It was never his intention, remember it was Ares' plot in the first place. Not Kratos." Atreus says defending Kratos that it was never his fault.

"He's right mother, we need to get him back to Sparta. Quickly before Ares realizes that his plan failed." Calliope respons in agreement, and having a lot of trust in Atreus and his wife.

"Alright then, come on. Let's go back to Sparta, quickly." Lysandra says.

All four of them were about to pick up the unconscious general. But he regained consciousness and they slowly backed up.

"WHY YOU LITTLE! HOW DARE YOU MAKE A FOOL OUT OF ME! THE MIGHTY SPARTAN GENERAL!" Kratos is mad with fury, he was about to charge at him until he was stopped by y-n.

"Kratos please don't hurt him. We was the one who saved then from you, Ares captured Calliope, Lysandra and myself back at your home. He brought us here, and if it hadn't been for Atreus getting here when had we all would have died by your own hand." Y-n says telling him what happened when he left this morning.

"I am so sorry my love. Can you both ever forgive me?" Kratos asks, apologizing to his wife and Calliope.

"We forgive you father. Just please, don't ever leave us again." Calliope says with sadness in her eyes and then she hugs her father.

They both have a wonderful moment as daughter and father and Atreus just smiles at this scene. He turns to his mate looks at her wrapped hand, it is fully healed by now but y-n fakes feeling pain. He kisses her cheek and her hand to play along with "mortal" charade, for now. She smacked him in the back of the head and angry look on her face.

"How? Just how many times have I told you quit doing that?" Her e-c eyes were blazing in the moonlight. But then she buried her face into his fur outfit as she pertended to cry. "I can't have you leave me... You promised to stop trying to get killed... Why do you keep doing this?"

Atreus couldn't think of an answer so he held her close, all the while, Y-n's body jump as she sobbed and hiccuped.

"Thank you Atreus, well aside from knocking me out. I will put that behind but don't ever let it happen again. Do I make myself clear boy?" Atreus was surprised and a little scared at the same time, that was the first time his father (past Kartos) has ever said to him.

"Y-yes sir." Atreus says with a little bit of nervousness in his voice.

"Now... Let's go home, Ares if your hearing me this servitude is over."

And with that all five mortals leave the temple of Athena. But something in the sky caught their attention, something falling towards them but at least 40 feet away from them. When it hits the ground creating a powerful shock wave and reveals an angry god, it was the god of war himself in his normal size, not in his humongous size.

"SPARTAN! YOU HAVE MADE A POOR CHOICE!! AND NOW I HAVE TO KILL YOUR FAMILY!!!" Ares shouts with a loud voice and pulls out his flaming swords.

"If you want to get to them, Ares you will go through me and Kartos first." Atreus says with a yell pulling out his sword getting prepared to fight the god of war.

"We will stand and fight you together" Calliope says while getting her sword but y-n stops her.

"No Calliope. You are not ready yet."

"Yes child she's right, go with Lysandra and get back to Sparta quickly." Kratos says agreeing with Atreus while pulling out his blades of chaos.

"Yes father, mother, y-n come on." Calliope replies while her sister-in-law her mother and herself are escaping the battlefield. Heading back to Sparta to King Leonidas's palace to warn him about what happened.

"Looks like that leaves us boy, are you ready? If you are then just begin without hesitation." Kartos says getting ready for battle.

"Yes sir!" Atreus says with smile and reminds him of how he used to fight fire trolls with Norse Kratos.