Chapter 10

Twinkle looked out of the window, her head resting at the sill, tears continued to flow down her cheeks. She had woken up hours before with no one around, her family had abandoned her.

Her heart was twisting in agony, her best friend had betrayed her. She had trusted him with her life and what did he do? Cheat her.

She wasn't angry at him, she was angry at herself it was her fault she trusted wrong people and they end up hurting her or the people around her.

Her mind conjured up the image of her corpse. Laying there on the white marbled floor, blood marring the pristine white floor, her eyes that were usually filled with love and warmth were dead.

The memory gave her chills, from head to toe, she felt every nerve in her body come alive as the fear coursed through her, chilling her to her soul.

No feelings within, just blank, lifeless, dead, those were the only words that she could describe her once beautiful face now as. Her neck had been gaping back at the little 5 year old Twinkle, thick scarlet blood dripped on her peach night gown, soaking the soft gown through every fibre. It looked like the gaping neck had vomited the scarlet liquid on the night gown.

Her beautiful face was ashen, a look of shock and terror forever imprinted on her face. Her beautiful lips were parted like screaming a soundless scream, the dead eyes looking back, blaming her for her death.

Through the gaping neck Twinkle could see the jagged tear that knife had caused, her voice box and esophagus mercilessly destroyed.

Her hands were clutched in fists, the signs of her struggle clear... Twinkle felt a hand on her shoulder, she flinched breaking the cruel spell she had put on herself.

"Kitten ?" Kyle's voice was so soft and laced with worry, if she hadn't seen him with her own eyes choking her sister almost to death she wouldn't have believed that he could do such a thing.

She turned away from him, looking out of the window. Ignoring him completely, like he wasn't even there. Kyle clenched his fist, no one, and absolutely no one ever, ever dared ignore him and took the next breath.

His darkness was annoyed and amused at the same time, now that he had seen her smile, he wanted her to be happy and carefree around him.

A happy Twinkle, was the most beautiful Twinkle. "Love, don't ignore me. You know I don't like it." He hugged her from behind, securing her in his arms. She was a perfect fit, his darkness purred within his chest.

He loved the way she felt in his arms, she was so soft, her skin so smooth like the smooth petals of a freshly bloomed flower. Her natural scent of roses with slight hint of fresh forest mesmerizing him.

He felt her struggle, he was amused. His kitten wanted to play. He tightened his grip seizing all her attempts. "Talk to me little one." Kyle's voice was gruff and sensually deep.

Twinkle could feel all the hard muscles through her back, his warmth enveloping her, making her feel safe. This was ridiculous, he wasn't even a human for God's sake. He was a beast, or at least that's what she called him as.

A beast who had hurt her family and took away her best friend, all her relations were destroyed the moment he had stepped in her life.

This monster had taken away all her family and her only friend, she might have not had the best of family, they hurt her and all but they were her family.

The only family who had sheltered her, fed her, and has always been with her. They were all she had, her world was made up of those three people only and her one friend.