Chapter 17

Darren looked out of the window, he really didn't want to this but this was the need of the hour and Kyle would be the king of this world and has to leave according to the rules of his world.

"Dad we really shouldn't do this. This is a bad idea. Kyle wouldn't accept this. He would never marry Elsie." Hercules' voice was laced with seriousness, his eyes spitting fire as he curled his hands into fists, no brother of his is gonna marry a troll like her.

"You think I want my son to marry that thing?!" Darren snapped as he looked at his younger son, "you think I would want this? I don't fucking want this! I hate it but know what son? This is the rule. That a man has to marry his beloved, the one that's chosen by the gods for him. The one that's the other half of his missing soul, the one who is destined to be with him and Kyle being the king needs to lead his life by setting an example, if he won't follow the rules than why would anyone else?" He continued as he began to pace the room, his heart twisted as he thought about Twinkle, the girl considered him her father, he couldn't believe himself that he was the one who was doing this that would surely result in her heart break.

"But how's that possible? She's a human." Hercules stated, no human can be the mate to one of his kind. He has never heard about it. Humans are meant to be slaves not fucking mates and certainly not people like Elsie. "She's a dormant one of our kind and half human. Elsie is not George's daughter she's the result of one night stand of Isabel." Darren repeated the words that he was told, if it wasn't for his magic he wouldn't have believed them but the proof was there clear as day.

He cursed himself for going and meeting George, for actually listening to his shit. If he hadn't known he wouldn't have to force his son, fuck this was a mess. His darkness growled not liking one bit that he was doing something that he actually didn't want to. He was the ruling King for fuck sake! He didn't have to answer to anyone out there specifically not to that family but being the king meant leading a just life, living by setting examples.

There was a knock on the door before it slowly opened, Claire stood there glaring at her husband. "No son of mine is marrying that bitch. " She snapped making her husband bristle at her words. Screw him and his kingship.

This was her family and she wasn't letting the happiness of her family being doomed for that uptight bitch, she glared at him as she walked in, Hercules stepped back a smirk plastered on his face. This is gonna be fun. He thought as he took a chair and sat back looking at his parents who were glaring at each other.

"He has to, she's his mate." He bit out the words as he squared his shoulders, "Oh really. Than how come Kyle didn't realise that they were mates when they met for the first time?" She snapped back not ready to accept that bitch as her daughter in law.

"That was because she wasn't of the age you know and so do I that women need to reach the age of 22 to know about their mates. The way you did, remember you dreamed about me when we met." He snapped not liking the fact that they were fighting because of that bitch.

"I refuse to believe this. I want proof."  She demanded as she looked at him in the eyes, her heart refused to believe that her son was somehow related to that woman. "Fine woman. Tonight in the throne room the ritual shall be conducted. If she's his mate you accept it and be the queen you are and if not than by all means you can kill her." He stated as he looked at his angry wife, he understood her concern and anger but damn if it didn't make him feel like the beast that he was. She nodded as she looked at her husband mentally praying to all the deities above that Elsie is not Kyle's mate.

************************************

Hercules' POV:

I cringed in disgust as I watched Kyle plunge a knife in the stomach of the man and twisting it, the screams of the man filled the dungeons as the blood dripped on the already soiled floor of the cell.